Hacking am i 100% safe to start playing around with menu themes?

newby1976

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i have installed preloader and boot2 installed on my wii and 2 copys of my NAND backup so am i 100% safe to start playing around with menu themes?

is there anything else i need to do first?

Deanr1977

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah you sound like your almost ready to go..... after you read a few guides first then your be ready, i installed a theme it worked then i done another one straight afterwards & bricked my wii, luckly enough i read a couple of guides & ten minutes later i was back to normal again
yay.gif
Just be careful & make sure you read ever little detail or their is the possiblity that you will brick, it is safe to install if you do it correctly that is
wink.gif
So take my advise & read some guides before you go any further.

If ive helped please say thanks by leaving me some Rep

Safavid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tbh safe honestly, just read all the documentations and run through guides entirely and while you're doing the steps.

Know of the risks and how to prevent/treat them beforehand.

Servdogg

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should be fine. You may want to use NUS Downloader to obtain a wad file of your wii's system menu. Its pretty easy, but if you need help search for a guide on NUS Downloader. If you ever do install a bad theme, or corrupt your system menu somehow, you will need this wad to reinstall your wii's system menu via preloader.

Fear_the_Tubes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have bootmii installed to boot2 or IOS?

Either way you can recover and you shouldn't have any trouble with themes provided you read the instructions. If your extra paranoid try some of the more popular themes first like the darkwii theme.

newby1976

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the advice, installed darkwii, miles better the the original wii menu ..... is there any other great themes i should try?

sirelboe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
all the other themes are corny and the button text doesnt show on most of the buttons.. just pictures so u need to know what is what from memory to navigate the menu.. i use darkwii with a custom health screen i made myself

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: That was a hilarious YT K3Nv2 :rofl2: