reach for the stars
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
whenever I start a new game no matter the time of day... morning or night, its always night or sunset in game... how can I fix this so its the correct time of day??

also, do I still have to play up to before I pick my starter near the bridge i meet lillie at??

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whenever I start a new game no matter the time of day... morning or night, its always night or sunset in game... how can I fix this so its the correct time of day??

also, do I still have to play up to before I pick my starter near the bridge i meet lillie at??
You need to give alot more info then you have. Are you running a cfw? Have you used a save editor in the past like jksm or pksm? What times have you been testing this? Is there any reason to be in the Homebrew section?

Jimbo_Slim

Pun Master/Loser
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon Moon has the opposite time of day in game and Pokemon Sun is the same as irl. You'd need to change the clock and maybe wait a day as most 3DS games have to reset their RTC.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thank you for answering the first question but do can you answer the second?
Play through the game. Your best bet is to play the game at night. Once you beat the game, go back to where you got cosmog. I don't want to spoil it, but that's how you change time. Alternatively you could start a game in Pokemon sun, backup the save, and restore it onto moon, but that's a hassle.

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my dude, just go to the other dimension. that's why it exists.

Edit: wrong quote used.

correct quote:

Last edited by HamBone41801,

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my dude, just go to the other dimension. that's why it exists.
What did I just say?
Play through the game. Your best bet is to play the game at night. Once you beat the game, go back to where you got cosmog. I don't want to spoil it, but that's how you change time. Alternatively you could start a game in Pokemon sun, backup the save, and restore it onto moon, but that's a hassle.

DarkRioru

reach for the stars
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
What did I just say?

*facepalm* the second question like I asked is... do I need to start the game with an unrandomized save and play through until I meet lillie then randomize it before I choose my starter

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

-DarkRioru

Reactions: Giodude

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*facepalm* the second question like I asked is... do I need to start the game with an unrandomized save and play through until I meet lillie then randomize it before I choose my starter

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

-DarkRioru
To achieve what? Is your starter not randomized or something? That would have nothing to do with the RTC of the game. If the time is wrong, you can use PKHeX to change it as well. You can even offset it 12 hours to make it day/night at will.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's actually impossible to randomize starters in gen 6 and 7 I believe, or at least that's how it was back when I used to do it. The reason you see randomized starters online and in videos is because people manually changed the Pokemon out with other ones (Ex. Tyranitartube's alpha Sapphire nuzlocke. That darumaka is actually torchic I believe, but it's model was swapped with darumaka, along with it's type, stats etc.). This could have changed from then, but this is how I remember it.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's actually impossible to randomize starters in gen 6 and 7 I believe, or at least that's how it was back when I used to do it. The reason you see randomized starters online and in videos is because people manually changed the Pokemon out with other ones (Ex. Tyranitartube's alpha Sapphire nuzlocke. That darumaka is actually torchic I believe, but it's model was swapped with darumaka, along with it's type, stats etc.). This could have changed from then, but this is how I remember it.
No it's not. As long as you're using Luma you can randomize them just fine..... They aren't just model swaps and haven't been for the longest time. The models in Gen 7 won't change without editing the overworld models though but when you receive them they are 100% the pokemon you set them too. In Gen 6 PK3DS randomizes them correctly. But yeah .CRO edits have been possible for a long time.

Last edited by Majickhat55,

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it's not. As long as you're using Luma you can randomize them just fine..... They aren't just model swaps and haven't been for the longest time. The models in Gen 7 won't change without editing the overworld models though but when you receive them they are 100% the pokemon you set them too. In Gen 6 PK3DS randomizes them correctly. But yeah .CRO edits have been possible for a long time.
Well I've been out of the Pokemon modding scene for a while. Thanks for clearing that up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: its the emote but ridiculously small