Hacking already have HBC, how to load games from SDhc?

RobertDownerJr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, all opinionated bickering aside, for the sake of time and money I went ahead and just used my already formatted FAT32 SD card(the one I've been homebrewing with) last night, and dumped my game directly to the root after having converted the ISO to WBFS w/ Wii Game Manager using the 4gb-32k split(no subdirectories)

Neogamma would not recognize a game on my SD and I was too lazy to plug my HDD in to run GX and see if it would read my card, long night.

So...subdirectories during split or no? and this WBFS just gets dumped directly to the root right?

Richardarkless

Trophies
XP
Country
RobertDownerJr said:
Richardarkless said:
After you done that bit you can download the usb loader gx or whatever usb loader you want, as for using an sd card, that will most likely be too small and fit a couple of games and I recommend you use a hard drive and format to wbfs and put games (hopefully legal backups) on there using wbfs manager

Hmm, I've got a 320gb "passport" external HDD, I wonder if I could just partition that and format one partition as FAT32 or WBFS. I can't really dump what data's on there now as thats back up this and thats from my PC.

And if I were to load legal backups I'd just dump an ISO directly too the root of my SD or HDD, correct?

Yea usb loaders support multiple partitions so just resize your current partition (backup somewhere just in case of data loss, standard procedure) and then create a fat32 partition out of that empty space then if you decide to choose wbfs then open wbfs manager select your new fat32 drive and format it

When you dump a game onto usb loader it all depends on what you choose, fat32 would be wbfs files and would be in a wbfs folder in the root of the hard drive

while if you chose a wbfs file system then it would be iso's and you will need to use wbfs manager to copy those games off

Recommendations?, yesterday night I tried a few games in wbfs format on a fat32 file system and it has improved a lot and is just as fast as wbfs so format the empty partition as fat32, then convert any games that you have on your pc to wbfs files and copy over into a wbfs folder, wii will automatically rip the games in wbfs format for you

When you got your games in wbfs format they will have strange labels e.g. RRKE70 when you browse through them on the pc, thats normal cause the wii needs those labels to find the right name and covers

RobertDownerJr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok I've got USBloaderGX and Wiiflow recognizing my WBFS from my NT formatted HDD (which I know isn't ideal for playback, i was just wanting to see if I had did it right) and I also know why they didn't backups from my SD (they either didnt support SD or FAT32 playback, /facepalm) and I think I've found a loader that will do what I want (ie, backup loading from a FAT32 SD card) in Configurable USB Loader.

So my one question, and perhaps final one is...

When I loaded my game, from whatever loader, it was black and white, with horizontal lines scrolling downward quite quickly. I know my drive was not using an ideal format in ntfs but I also know that wouldn't cause the color shift or the lines? So I'm guessing this is a compatibility issue...

So should i be setting the loader to "Force" whatever format my backup is? For instance I'm in the USA so I'm assuming my Wii is NTSC, and if my backups were PAL would I just set to force PAL to fix the black and white and horizontal scrolling lines issue?

update: Forcing NTSC in attempts to load a PAL backup from my NTFS HDD gives me a green screen in UsbLoader GX, attempting to set display settings as NTSC in WiiFlow when running PAL gives me a black screen, as opposed to a functional, yet black and white horizontal scrolling backup using Defaults.

edit: Fuck it, I'll just stick to NTSC for now haha.
peace

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.ebay.com/itm/386617469929?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=2T8UwYf_Qse&...