Alpha-tizer

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by SifJar, Oct 29, 2011.

Oct 29, 2011

Alpha-tizer by SifJar at 1:15 PM (1,058 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. SifJar
    OP

Member SifJar Not a pirate

United Kingdom
    A few days ago in another thread, someone asked for some HBC themes to be more "aero" as they described it (clearly inspired by the feature in Windows Vista & 7 of the same name). In other words, they wanted the themes to be more transparent, so that the background was more visible through the list of apps. So I made Alpha-tizer.

It'll take any theme.zip and make it more "aero". Basically it makes the app buttons (list and grid view) transparent, and changes the transparency of the text (value can be set in app).

[​IMG]

Screenshot of example "alpha-tized" theme:

[​IMG]

Sometime I may add the option to disable replacing the apps buttons (if you just want to change transparency of text) and perhaps previewing of text as well. Dunno if I'll ever get round to that though.

-=Changelog=-

-v1.0-
    • Initial Release
    -v1.1-
    • Added ability to change alpha value of buttons
    :download: : http://filetrip.net/...-tizer-1-0.html

2. Wizerzak

Member Wizerzak Because I'm a potato!

United Kingdom
    I LOVE it! Installing now, thanks!

And you can apply this to ANY theme right?

3. SifJar
    OP

United Kingdom
    It should work with any theme, yes. If there is no theme.xml, it'll put in a default one with the modified alpha value.

If you come across any bugs, please let me know :)

EDIT: Added v1.1, has ability to choose alpha value of the app buttons (slightly buggy, the value put in and the actual value in the final image may not be quite equal.)

4. hellboy2010

Member hellboy2010 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    thanks SifJar
    great app

5. c64sd4sd4sd4

Newcomer c64sd4sd4sd4 Member

United States
    This maybe a crazy request but would there be a way to automatically load a new background each time you go into HBC? That feature and this app would go hand in hand.

6. SifJar
    OP

United Kingdom
    Nope that's not possible. You can't have more than one background per theme, so it would have to be implemented in HBC I'm afraid. The only other option would be to somehow send a theme.zip over wiiload each time HBC loads. But I don't think there's anyway to detect from a remote computer when HBC is loaded, so that's out as well. (If there is some way anyone knows, let me know and I'll see if I can fix something up)

Sorry, I would love to help if it were possible, but I'm pretty sure it isn't.

7. c64sd4sd4sd4

Newcomer c64sd4sd4sd4 Member

United States
    That's fine, and thanks for your reply! I thought it was probably too much to ask. But maybe It'll be figured some day...

8. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

There isn't, unless you have a PC program constantly poll the wii's (static) IP attempting to connect to the wiiload port. If it is able to connect, you know HBC is running.

You could have a separate channel installed that changes the HBC theme stored on the NAND and then launches HBC itself.

9. SifJar
    OP

United Kingdom
    I guess that's an option, but certainly way out of my league. Thanks for the input. :)