Legend0081

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi guys,

I searched on google and the forum but couldn't find a sollution for this:

I managed to get three wii's to run usb loader cfg v 57.
All worked fine as lon as i used my WD 500GB external disk (wbfs partition)
I switched to a seagate 1,5tb and Trekstore 1,5tb but both give me one of the following errors:
- ret = -1
- game is not a wbfs disk

Do you guys know what i missed?
The wii is ok i guess as all worked with the smaller disk.
The iso's on the wbfs partition look ok too as they played fine on the smaller disk.

I read that there is a 500games limits for wbfs partitions.
I'll try to divide the disk in three partitions to see if that works better but as far as i could find some people also have 2tb disks running fine.

Looking forward to your help.
GBAtemp rules.

Legend0081

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
quick update:

I created a partition on the drive that is less than 500gb and works fine now so the drive itself is not the issue but the siz of the partition (in wbfs).

Does anyone know a workaround to use the complete drive as one partition (under wbfs if possible).
Any patch that can be applied?
What is the default size limit for the wbfs partitions?

FGCinHB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
been running 1tb wbfs partition for 6 months with no issues and have set up 5 other Wii's with no issues. I only use hitachi/simpletech drives as I had problems with Maxtor & WD drives on my first soft mods so it may be a drive compatability issue. I'll be setting up a 2tb hitachi drive with 1- 1tb wbfs, 1- 500gb wbfs & 1- 500gb fat 32 partitions this week, I'll post back with the results.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
FGCinHB said:
I'll be setting up a 2tb hitachi drive with 1- 1tb wbfs, 1- 500gb wbfs & 1- 500gb fat 32 partitions this week, I'll post back with the results.
Why do you prefer that setup over 1 2tb fat32?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...