Hacking All Bushing stuff goes here

Neversoft

Trophies
XP
Country
jan777 said:
dvd movies?
From what I "understand" DVD's spin at a variable speed and the Wii was designed to run at a constant speed... Which is fine if you're playing games because it makes it less likely to fail but as a result, running a DVD would give the Wii drive a kicking. Plus, DVD players are stupefyingly cheap so it's not really required on the Wii. I'd like to see a Wifi xvid player though, but we don't need a drive hack for that
smile.gif

Volkov

Trophies
XP
Country
wont wont get any real answers on these forums. people just write what they think is true and its all stupid. trying to read these forums to get answers to things regarding these topics is a waste of time, so is asking the story behind waninkoko, as everyone will think they know, but give stupid answers

Jademalo

Trophies
XP
Country
Volkov said:
wont wont get any real answers on these forums. people just write what they think is true and its all stupid. trying to read these forums to get answers to things regarding these topics is a waste of time, so is asking the story behind waninkoko, as everyone will think they know, but give stupid answers

Ad your post doesnt go in the stupid answers category?
from hat ive heard, he is just a very taeted code and int that good at "Hacking" as such

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I asked about him because I noticed one of the User Submitted News things was about something he released about a week ago, and I'm seeing lots of hate to his general direction here, so I'm more than slightly confused.

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Doomsday Forte said:
I'm seeing lots of hate to his general direction here, so I'm more than slightly confused.

Because people want to download games and play them for free and nobody is releasing the "how to". That's where all the hate is coming from

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I just find it a little odd that once nitrotux said about sending debug commands to the DVD drive to patch the firmware, everyone from the Bushings crew jumped in, and said NO NO NO!! IT WON'T WORK!! I would think if we were on to something that was impossiable they would just shut up, and let us go... it seems they are trying to get us off that road as quickly as possible... Could the DVD drive firmware be patched? It really seems that way now...

Think of it like this;
Bushings finds an exploit. He shares it with the "inner circle". Speculation starts about how. User xxx figures out how if the DVD drive can be flashed, they could remove the "protection" and allow any disc to be run. Everyone from the "inner circle" starts screaming it won't work, forget it, it can't be done, it's been proven it's not going to work.

Wouldn't it make sense that if anyone were going the wrong way with the patch, the "inner circle" would just shut up? Why would they want us to think of a different way? Why does the "inner circle" want everyone to give up on the DVD drive flash so badly?

Just a thought................

IOS37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from hackmii.com

Piracy: We are not making a soft-mod or an isoloader. Most of the anti-DVDR protection on the Wii is done in hardware; assuming Nintendo designed it correctly, we will not be able to bypass this in software.

The bypass has to be software based,

IOS37

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xbox you can TSOP, softmod or chip
so according to you they shouldn't have found out how to TSOP or softmod?

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
I just find it a little odd that once nitrotux said about sending debug commands to the DVD drive to patch the firmware, everyone from the Bushings crew jumped in, and said NO NO NO!! IT WON'T WORK!! I would think if we were on to something that was impossiable they would just shut up, and let us go... it seems they are trying to get us off that road as quickly as possible... Could the DVD drive firmware be patched? It really seems that way now...

Think of it like this;
Bushings finds an exploit. He shares it with the "inner circle". Speculation starts about how. User xxx figures out how if the DVD drive can be flashed, they could remove the "protection" and allow any disc to be run. Everyone from the "inner circle" starts screaming it won't work, forget it, it can't be done, it's been proven it's not going to work.

Wouldn't it make sense that if anyone were going the wrong way with the patch, the "inner circle" would just shut up? Why would they want us to think of a different way? Why does the "inner circle" want everyone to give up on the DVD drive flash so badly?

It would seem to make sense seeing how low they've already stooped.

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Relys said:

And how low have they stooped?

You make this seem like an episode of the X-files. None of you have any idea what his intentions are, and that is the bottom line. the more you speculation, and spread false information, the more people think it's the truth.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
zidane_genome said:

then stop thinking too hard or better... stop the paranoïa
rolleyes.gif

the debug commands have been CONFIRMED not to be working, nitrotux's assumptions were only speculations...
this is more probably something far away from our imagination, something radically new that has been discovered while digging around starlet/IOS

zidane_genome

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, we do know what his intentions are... he's already said he's against piracy, so he's not going to let the info out.

As for the debug commands being CONFIRMED... who confirmed them? Is there video of the commands not working? Is there anything posted anywhere other than people from the "inner circle" saying that the debug commands don't work? My point exactly.

Please, I understand that you may think I'm being paranoid, but really, look at the facts. It's quite obvious we're looking in the right direction, or they wouldn't want to close the road so quickly! All anyone has heard was that the debug commands are confirmed not working... by who though? part of the "inner circle"... that's all...

Relys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mcj said:
Relys said:

And how low have they stooped?

You make this seem like an episode of the X-files. None of you have any idea what his intentions are, and that is the bottom line. the more you speculation, and spread false information, the more people think it's the truth.

He contacted Nintendo... Nintendo is not our friend.

mcj

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zidane: No, just because he contacted Nintendo doesn't mean you now anything about what he is trying to do

Relys: if nintendo is not your friend then sell your Wii.

It's not just about free games you know

Relys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mcj said:
zidane: No, just because he contacted Nintendo doesn't mean you now anything about what he is trying to do

Relys: if nintendo is not your friend then sell your Wii.

It's not just about free games you know

Haha, sell my Wii. Why? All major company's are not your friend. (Except maybe Valve, God I love them) They only want business.

What is it about? Morals? Trying to get on Nintendo's good side?

zidane_genome

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mcj, how many times has Bushing said he's agianst piracy? Do you really think he's gonna let a softmod out in the wild? No. He's not. Unless Nintendo patches ALL homebrew in 3.4, I very highly doubt we'll see Bushings Softmod.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5 +1