Hacking All Bushing stuff goes here

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JohnnyCheeks said:
Whatever Bushing's motives are, we'll probably never know anytime soon. But why should that be reason to lose all hope?

First off, where did you find that video, and please tell me you know who did that... I doubt it's real, but would be awesome!

Second, svpe didn't write the USB loader drivers, he beta tested them... hell, I've beta tested World of Warcraft, dose that mean I wrote it?

JohnnyCheeks

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
First off, where did you find that video, and please tell me you know who did that... I doubt it's real, but would be awesome!

Second, svpe didn't write the USB loader drivers, he beta tested them... hell, I've beta tested World of Warcraft, dose that mean I wrote it?

the ElOtroLado forums... There's also a link to a file here but I'm hesitant to run it. I've opened it in a hex editor and it doesn't seem malicious. But don't take my word on it. I don't have any burned discs to test it with at the moment. Maybe I'll do it in a while once I grow some balls, or hear someone else's report on it.

EDIT: Disregard the file. It's most likely a hoax/joke/prank/troll.

Christen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
zidane_genome said:
JohnnyCheeks said:
Whatever Bushing's motives are, we'll probably never know anytime soon. But why should that be reason to lose all hope?

I believe it was by the same guy judging by the username who wrote the supposed Wii CFW that came with an ISO loader. It looks kind of legit, the one thing that bugs me is when after all the code runs, instead of just booting the game, it goes back to the Wii system menu. But, like you said it would be awesome if its real.

zidane_genome

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
JohnnyCheeks said:
zidane_genome said:

the ElOtroLado forums... There's also a link to a file here but I'm hesitant to run it. I've opened it in a hex editor and it doesn't seem malicious. But don't take my word on it. I don't have any burned discs to test it with at the moment. Maybe I'll do it in a while once I grow some balls, or hear someone else's report on it.

i will test it in a few mintues

Christen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
zidane_genome said:
JohnnyCheeks said:
zidane_genome said:

Cool, look forward to hearing back from ya. I wanna test it out, but don't want to brick my Wii in the process.

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
JohnnyCheeks said:
zidane_genome said:

You're my hero.

JohnnyCheeks

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Don't get your hopes up. I believe this might be a joke file in response to one of the ElOtroLado forum members. But in any case, the YouTube video looks legit. The only thing that I wonder is if said person's system is chipped or not.

famousginni

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
..... so did it work ...
too excited .
... oh besides if bushing doesn't release the softmod there is still a chance that someone else might if they figure it out. you never know!

Relys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
famousginni said:
..... so did it work ...
too excited .
... oh besides if bushing doesn't release the softmod there is still a chance that someone else might if they figure it out. you never know!

That's what usually happens when people like bushing make stupid choices. Nintendo will never be on our side, so why try to be on theirs?

zidane_genome

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yea, it's a joke... just flashes that spanish stuff on the screen, and after a few minutes, it boots the Wii Menu... won't load a copy.

Doesn't hurt anything, just a joke elf...
frown.gif

Christen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guess we gotta keep waiting then.

I guess the dude who made the video had a chipped Wii, that's why the disc booted afterward.

Relys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
Yea, it's a joke... just flashes that spanish stuff on the screen, and after a few minutes, it boots the Wii Menu... won't load a copy.

Doesn't hurt anything, just a joke elf...
frown.gif

That's ok. It was meant to be a private joke anyways. I would have been pissed though, if it hurt your Wii.

Posts merged

QUOTE(Christen @ Jul 21 2008, 07:20 PM) Guess we gotta keep waiting then.

I guess the dude who made the video had a chipped Wii, that's why the disc booted afterward.

Or he had two Wii's and a original copy of the game.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
QUOTE said:

http://svenpeter.blogspot.com/search/label/USB

please stop talking about what you (obviously) don't have any idea

he is also working with bushing on patchmii

in case you don't know what Patch Mii is, it is code to patch an existing IOS with useful feature (like DVD read unlimiter or Signature Bug unckecker.. see) ... also see that Waninkoko only copy pasted patchmii to release "his" Custom IOS... con,trary to most beliefs here, he is no hacker, he is just like any other homebrew devs who have access to libogc, devkitppc & other people's code snippets, the difference being he doesn't really understand the concept of "credits"

svpe said:
zidane_genome said:
Wait.. you put Bushings in touch with the Nintendo Rep... so either you work at Nintendo, are are some sort of super demi god...

What has been proven? I can say that I was the one that put Bushing in touch with the Nintendo rep, and I can say it's factually true. I have proof, but won't share it, so you better apologize to me now!

Stalkid64, your a little poser, and you know nothing about the scene... when you PROVE something, then I'll admit I'm wrong. If all you keep doing is saying it's true, and provide no proof, your wrong.

End of that.

Well, he actually is right and has "first-hand" information or however you'd like to call that. Oh, and I know that I probably can't convince you about this.

But your "let's just abuse the debug mode" idea of the drive won't work. Erant already posted twice that there is a hardware protection somewhere inside hollywood (the chips that contains starlet). so even if you have full control over starlet and your completely own IOS running you're not able to send the require debug commands to the drive because it just sees a 0x00 instead of a 0xFE/FF command.
If you don't believe me: Fakesign your own IOS and let it write the unlock sequence (matshita dvd-game is the password btw.) to the command register. Use Erant's dvdtool to log the incoming commands and you'll see that the drive only gets a sequence of 0x00 (or 0x00 'matshita' instead of 0xff 'matshita'). This does not enable debug mode and will not allow you to run backups, sorry.

didn't know that, thanks for clarifiying this... now this makes me even more curious to know how they managed to access the DVD without a chip
wacko.gif

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
svpe said:
zidane_genome said:
Wait.. you put Bushings in touch with the Nintendo Rep... so either you work at Nintendo, are are some sort of super demi god...

What has been proven? I can say that I was the one that put Bushing in touch with the Nintendo rep, and I can say it's factually true. I have proof, but won't share it, so you better apologize to me now!

Stalkid64, your a little poser, and you know nothing about the scene... when you PROVE something, then I'll admit I'm wrong. If all you keep doing is saying it's true, and provide no proof, your wrong.

End of that.

Well, he actually is right and has "first-hand" information or however you'd like to call that. Oh, and I know that I probably can't convince you about this.

But your "let's just abuse the debug mode" idea of the drive won't work. Erant already posted twice that there is a hardware protection somewhere inside hollywood (the chips that contains starlet). so even if you have full control over starlet and your completely own IOS running you're not able to send the require debug commands to the drive because it just sees a 0x00 instead of a 0xFE/FF command.
If you don't believe me: Fakesign your own IOS and let it write the unlock sequence (matshita dvd-game is the password btw.) to the command register. Use Erant's dvdtool to log the incoming commands and you'll see that the drive only gets a sequence of 0x00 (or 0x00 'matshita' instead of 0xff 'matshita'). This does not enable debug mode and will not allow you to run backups, sorry.

didn't know that, thanks for clarifiying this... now this makes me even more curious to know how they managed to access the DVD without a chip
wacko.gif

felix123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
davidw89 said:
Ok guys..i am not advocating piracy it's just sad that when someone finds an exploit he/she couldn't give it to the larger community so that we could build an "XMBC" type system onto the Wii.
Can you please explain how this exploit will help develop a XBMC-Wii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm