Alice: Madness Returns Gameplay Trailer

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by granville, May 12, 2011.

May 12, 2011
  1. granville
    OP

Member granville GBAtemp Goat

United States
    The sequel to 2000's American McGee's Alice is very near release. A new trailer was released by Electronic Arts showing what sort of experience we're in for. The result is a stunning dark atmosphere that appears to build on the previous game with new technology. It also seems to share a similar gameplay style from the brief gameplay teaser in the video, though on heavy steroids with new play elements. Have a look below for some brief gameplay. [/p]
    [youtube]YW5ztZPEaw4[/youtube]​
    Alice Madness Returns once again delves into Alice's psyche as a young adult and her descent into madness. Thought to be cured in the first game, she once again is forced to confront her demons and face a twisted version of Wonderland. This isn't the cute charming place of the Lewis Carroll books, it's a dark and violent place. Alice Madness Returns is powered by the Unreal 3 engine and is an action adventure with platforming elements. It is set to release in the US on June 14th, and June 16th in Europe. The game will be released on Xbox 360, Playstation 3, and PC. [/p]
    [​IMG] Source

2. MarcusRaven

Member MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

United States
    Already got mine preordered on PS3. Loved the first one so much that I still had the disc until recently selling it. But since this one comes with the original with updated visuals, I finally felt I could let go. [​IMG] This game looks absolutely stunning. I definitely think it will contend with Portal 2 as my current favorite. [​IMG]

3. Sheith

Newcomer Sheith Advanced Member

United States
    That's just plain creepy.. but wicked awesome! I can't wait for its release!

4. Nujui

Member Nujui I need something to do.

United States
    The creepiness is what makes it awesome and unique.

5. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    its quite nice i must say, some of the battles reminded me of PoP. The name should have been Alice: Twisted.
    Kinda reminds me also of the ds game red riding hood bbq. Will see about the PC game.

6. Schizoanalysis

Member Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Australia
    Does the PS3 version also come with the original version too?

I also used to have this game on PC -- but sold it for $80 on Ebay a few years ago.

7. Miss Panda

Member Miss Panda GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    I still have the original PC version somewhere. I was so upset last week when I found out it wasn't coming to the Wii though. I love Alice.

8. MarcusRaven

Member MarcusRaven HBC Theme Maker

United States
    The original version was confirmed for consoles before it was confirmed for PC. Lol. American McGee love's doing things like that. Toying with fans and playing with information. [​IMG] But yes, all versions come with an HD updated version of the first game. [​IMG]

9. Miss Panda

Member Miss Panda GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
  10. Cyan

Global Moderator Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

France
    I didn't know that game, I find the visual very beautiful.
    It's what I hoped Tim Burton's Alice movie to looks like.

Anyway, that game is added to my wish list [​IMG]

I checked the platform of the first game and it was only for PC, I'm happy they decided to release both games together.