Gaming Aksys is running a survey on VLR/999

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I hope they return to the roots of the series in some ways, while keeping the convenience elements like the flowchart tree. In particular, I'd like ZE3's setting to bear more resemblance to 999 than VLR (a Titanic-copy ship sinking is a much more interesting than a generic warehouse), have more horror elements (VLR was too "sterile" for me, the game overs weren't nearly bloody enough), have more "closure" to individual endings (if only to witness the protagonist's demise instead of having the plot dangle in the air like Tenmyouji's, Quark's or Dio's or Luna's.) and show Akane as an innocent and caring person once again in some timeline.

Also, I hope's it's once again 3DS/Vita, or maybe Android-iOS and PC (Steam) as well. ZE wouldn't really translate well to a desktop console.

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The warehouse was a rather generic place. But still, Zero Escape: VLR is honestly one of the best 3DS games I have. It's got a very well thought out story line, and I believe they have a lot of interesting facts that you discover throughout playing the game (not to mention the ending was a mindfuck of a mindfuck).

tvoretz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope they return to the roots of the series in some ways, while keeping the convenience elements like the flowchart tree. In particular, I'd like ZE3's setting to bear more resemblance to 999 than VLR (a Titanic-copy ship sinking is a much more interesting than a generic warehouse), have more horror elements (VLR was too "sterile" for me, the game overs weren't nearly bloody enough), have more "closure" to individual endings (if only to witness the protagonist's demise instead of having the plot dangle in the air like Tenmyouji's, Quark's or Dio's or Luna's.) and show Akane as an innocent and caring person once again in some timeline.

Also, I hope's it's once again 3DS/Vita, or maybe Android-iOS and PC (Steam) as well. ZE wouldn't really translate well to a desktop console.

I think it'd work well on the Wii U (though there'd be a mighty small market for it).

fischermasamune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think this is be the only game I'd buy on eShop (I mean, get it licensed for my use) if it wasn't sold in retail.
But of course I want a physical copy, with an US localization at the same level of 999/VLR. Please, Aksys!

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it'd work well on the Wii U (though there'd be a mighty small market for it).
There's already a small enough market for visual novels. That'd be a death sentence.

I absolutely loved both 999 and Virtue's Last Reward, although I'd have to pick the latter as my favorite. The fact that you had to replay the same puzzles in 999 was annoying, and there was no "skip already played puzzles" function, so that first puzzle in the cabin is burnt into my mind. I know I would absolutely love another Zero Escape game. Any game or visual novel that gets me thinking, go "No way!" or "Oh shi-" is always good.

tvoretz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's already a small enough market for visual novels. That'd be a death sentence.

I absolutely loved both 999 and Virtue's Last Reward, although I'd have to pick the latter as my favorite. The fact that you had to replay the same puzzles in 999 was annoying, and there was no "skip already played puzzles" function, so that first puzzle in the cabin is burnt into my mind. I know I would absolutely love another Zero Escape game. Any game or visual novel that gets me thinking, go "No way!" or "Oh shi-" is always good.
Yeah, I'm only thinking in terms of the hardware. It wouldn't even be worth it as a port, financially.

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
VLR was great. The plot of the game itself really was one huge mindfuck, if only because of the true purpose for why everything in that game is happening. 999 is great too, but it lacked the features I wish it had that VLR has.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: we are fucked