Superfly Don't Used
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
From what I understand, my R4 saves will work with my soon arriving RPG, I also understand that, unlike the R4, the RPG sizes the saves appropriately, as opposed to the primitive save detection on the R4.
I want to know, if there is a tool that will trim my saves from the 4Mbit R4 ones, to the appropriate size saves for each game.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think R4 and RPG use their own kind of save so AFAIK you need to convert them. I have an RPG coming in the mail as well but I don't know what to convert my GBAMP saves with. I think Shunny wanted people to supply him with some RPG saves for his save converter so we can convert to RPG style saves too. I don't know how you are going to trim your saves let alone convert them right now as there is no converter that I know of. Shunny is our best bet. His thread is here in this forum here:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=68702

Let's hope we can find a way to convert saves for RPG soon.

golden

What a Digital Dummy!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yep, when I get mine, I'll give him some saves.
I will too.
wink2.gif
Whoever gets theirs first I guess. When and where did you order yours?

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
save files are raw .SAV type compatible with R4 etc

named after the rom ie. xxxx.nds goes to xxxx.nds.sav

but as apparent in the topic, acekard will overwrite the save if it is on the card before savetype is detected/selected.
So u need to either manually select the savetype, or let it autodetect it then replace the default save file with your previous one.

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you let the RPG make a save first. You can then replace that with your r4 save and it will work. No conversion necessary. The RPG will not "trim" the save any further. It will stay the 512k size it was on your r4.

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
I think R4 and RPG use their own kind of save so AFAIK you need to convert them. I have an RPG coming in the mail as well but I don't know what to convert my GBAMP saves with. I think Shunny wanted people to supply him with some RPG saves for his save converter so we can convert to RPG style saves too. I don't know how you are going to trim your saves let alone convert them right now as there is no converter that I know of. Shunny is our best bet. His thread is here in this forum here:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=68702

Let's hope we can find a way to convert saves for RPG soon.
If I have some saves from AcekardRPG, I should be able to add it to my converter ;-)

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
You just have to rename r4 save extension from .sav to .nds.sav then make save in acekard, and after that overwrite that save with previous one and that should do the trick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo