Surexius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is the latest update for AKIO 1.4.1? If it is I'm encountering serious problems with it compared to 1.3

Firstly changing the language from lang_Cn to lang_En. Causes the system to freeze and once you reset the system it also comes up with the same frozen screen and you are unable to do anything. I also find a similar problem when changing the background.

I can live with keeping it on Lang_Cn rather than Lang_En but the background is really annoying! I read a post a few below this one which mentioned something about the 'globalsettings.ini file' and I don't know if this is the problem or not and if it where can I find the corrected file. Annother thing I was looking at was that have all my background folders hidden. Would this affect changing the background?

Also what is the key combo for soft reset? I have it enabled, I just don't know the combo.

Two more things I forgot to mention, Cheats. Where do I find cheat files and in what directory do I put the cheat files onto my DS?
Also does anyone know how to change the skin in moonshel?

Thanks in advance!

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
first of all there isn't any problem! problem most likely is you didn't do your research well

other than the LANG_CN and LANG_EN issue
rest of your questions are in the WIKI!
in future, please check the wiki before you ask any question!

anyway, where did you download your AKAIO? gbatemp or some chinese site?
i would recommend try download the 1.4.1 proper repack
smile.gif

format your SD card
and put in the new firmware

if that problem still persist open the globalsettings.ini file change the language yourself
which language code is ENG? well explore a little more in the language folder to find out yourself

cheat files? since the site is down i will tell you where is the temp thread http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=154076
in future use the search function!

Surexius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Downloaded it from this site in the download section. I don't understand why its not working I've used the 1.3 software for ages without any problems.

Do you mean wikipedia or this sites wiki?

Surexius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Downloaded it from this site in the download section. I don't understand why its not working I've used the 1.3 software for ages without any problems.

Do you mean wikipedia or this sites wiki?

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
The god damn AKAIO Wiki (which was made to stop stupid threads, like this one) that's stickied at the top of this thread. For fucks sake, these idiots seriously need to LEARN HOW TO READ AND USE FORUMS.

Surexius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Should work fine. Try this link:

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/AKAIO#Links

It doesn't explain why the skin and language change is causing a crash. The skins are def compatable as I've used the skins in AKAIO 1.3.

It did however answer my last 3 questions. I'm gonna try downloading AKAIO 1.4.1 proper and updating the loader.

Thanks for the cheat link elixirdream.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
GBAtemp server software got reinstalled as part of a GBAtemp renovation program.
Many, many features have been disabled for now

Anyway, the AKAIO Wiki is there, just the PHP version is incompatible. Wait, costello/narin/shaunj66 will fix it.
Also, AKAIO 1.5 is coming out soon, with LOADS of improvements.

Surexius

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah the Wiki pages on here are pretty good. I learned quite a few neat things of it and I thought I was pretty hot on the AKAIO software.... (only learned about moonshel recently so not shocked by my ack of knowledge there).

In response to Elixirdream:

I was trying to use the 'Cheat up' program to update my cheats but it didn't seem to work, so I'll just have to stick to the manual method.

It is Gengar from Pokemon.

The skins are now fixed I don't think I had 1.4.1 proper on my SD card. But I reformated my SD and updated the loader as well as downloaded and installed 1.4.1 proper. I've managed to fix the language by messing around with the global settings file all going perfectly once again.

--------This topic can be closed. Thanks for everyones help!----------

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
1.5 is indeed real and it will be out when its done. as for the language the _cn is the default for english in the 1.4.1 release. i forget why, i just recall smiths telling me that if you want english don't touch anything from the default settings. the release before it didn't function this way and i'll mention this to norm again....

also for those having issues with the wiki check the 1.4.1 release thread as i've put a spoiler tag with an all text version of the wiki.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple