XP
Country
United States
tk_saturn said:
stanleyopar2000 said:
IT GAVE ME A FUCKING WHITE SCREEN

NOW ALL MY GAMES HAVE A WHITE SCREEN.

even when I want to Wifi update...it gives me a WHITE SCREEN

I hope this didn't F**K up my AceKard 2i...

these arn't side effects from a fake AceKard 2i is it?..I got mine at DX before they got C & D'd

I haven't had any issues at all with it..until now

hopefully I can just download the firmware from my PC

EDIT - from what i've seen people

DO NOT Wifi UPDATE THIS.

it will work..but download it normally.

1.6RC1 will update the loaders and cheats over WiFi no problems.

There is no way to update to 1.6 from a previous version over WiFi, it can only update the loaders, cheats and plugins. If you update a previous version with the 1.6 loaders then it won't work and you will either need to revert to the previous loaders or install AKAIO 1.6.

However do not update the WiFi plugin from within AKAIO 1.6, as the WiFi plugin on the update site (30/01/2010) is older than the one included in the 1.6 RC1 archive (10/03/2010) so someone needs update the website.

For me the the 30/01/2010 WiFi plugin whitescreened after updating, the updated 10/03/2010 WiFi plugin doesn't.

gotcha...*WHEW*..so I just need to use the PC and download it...that's a relief...at least I dont have to shell out $30 for a new one and dump this one onto someone else
tongue.gif
...besides....the clones crash upon loading.....mine loaded to the AKAIO menu fine...but the games gave me white screen issues..so I knew something was different..

I knew I was smart enough not to buy a "clone"
rolleyes.gif

thanks
biggrin.gif

suicidaltaco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FlameTakuya said:
They work now! Thank you.

Also, I'd just like to ask, are there any buttons I can press while playing a game to go back to the rom menu on AKAIO? If yes, what is the combination? (I've tried looking around on the wiki and it says nothing)

R + L + A + B + Down

Isabelyes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Now that this topic has calmed down a bit:

Does anyone know what was fixed about Etrian Odyssey II?

I'm really hoping i't's the quicksave feature...
Wait, nevermind me. I'm being stupid. I'm just gonna find out for myself to check if quicksaving works,
But does anyone know whether something else has been fixed about it?

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
Another World said:
its not you its the card. a recent batch of the 2.1 has some serious issues. team acekard mentioned to us that they are not clones and they do not know what the problem is. it has already been reported that 1.6 is not working correctly on these cards. again someone should offer to mail norm one of these kits so he can figure out what the problem is. if you don't want it you could offer it to norm via PM,
ive offered him one, i have two...sending me another faulty one was dx's way of keeping me a happily confused customer.
no interest, i suspect...oh well, i tried.

jak larnak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
stanleyopar2000 said:
press like I THINK :

L+R + A+B+X+Y will take you back to the Menu..sometimes it's unstable.

L+R+START+SELECT resets the game..I THINK
L+R+A+B+X+Y combination is for the official firmware.
AKAIO soft reset is L+R+A+B+down.
For the in-game reset you're right it's L+R+start+select.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DsHacker14 said:
Yay just in time for HG&SS
biggrin.gif

Btw, is soft reset and in-game reset the same thing?
No, they're different.
Soft reset brings you back to the AKAIO menu (L+R+A+B+Down)
In-game reset resets the game even on an actual game cartridge, most games have it so you can return to the title screen. (L+R+Start+Select)

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
zuriel102 said:
RupeeClock said:
In-game reset resets the game even on an actual game cartridge, most games have it so you can return to the title screen. (L+R+Start+Select)

For as many years as I've had my DS I have never heard of that, lol

off topic:
i remember these stuffs on the older consoles like SNES
L+R+A+B+X+Y = soft reset to the title screen

KevInChester

Trophies
XP
Country
woffi63 said:
KevInChester said:
Small problem here, but whenever I use Soft Reset whatever I put as my skin will change back to the default setting, as will the language setting. Anyone else have this issue?

If not, I'll just assume something is messed up on my card and give it a full format. As it is I just deleted my old folder, and all related files.

I had the same problem, every soft reset resets my system settings too. And no one else seems to have this problem.

I tried very much, and nothing makes it working. Yesterday i start my lovely old PC with Ubuntu 9.10 on it, and i format my TF with GParted, and copy all files back, and all on Ubuntu. And from this time on all is working fine, and the settings (also skins) stay.

I'll reformat on the next release, this is such a minor issue. Though it baffles me how I can delete every file related to the older version, including any hidden files, but this happens. Computers eh.

kingofgamesgx

Hitokiri Battousai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zuriel102 said:
RupeeClock said:

For as many years as I've had my DS I have never heard of that, lol

in game reset is more well known as soft reset

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Rydian said:
Trygle12 said:
I get "loading" and two black screens....Clean install and everything :[ ...I think I have a fake. God Damnit :[
Go to an AKAIO version that works, go to the help menu, and tell us the hardware (HW) ID.
Yes please let us know - I've searched many posts & Forums & the general opinion is :-
  • Acekard 2.1 = HW:80 = Real
  • Acekard 2i with Actel chip = HW:44 = Real
  • Acekard 2i with Actel chip = HW:80 = It depends on your point of view
    - "Real" - but is actually an older design that were made by ex-members of the Acekard team,
    - "Fake" by the existing Acekard team that control the offical website
  • Acekard 2i with 'new chip' = HW:81 = Real
Other numbers mentioned but which I haven't found out whether they are fakes or real are 'HW:41' and 'HW:88'
It is possible that 'HW:41' MAY actually be for Acekard 2's (not 2.1 or 'i'), since it's mentioned in the review @ http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=94611

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag