AKAIO v1.6 RC1

Vania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
CannonFoddr said:
Couldn't of searched very well could you - it's already been answered here in this very thread & you'll see I even found a WIKIpedia entry as well
Look man, I don't have time to read all the pages, I only read the first 5 pages then I stopped, also wiki didn't helped me when I wrote RC. But when I wrote Release Candidate, I found the info that I want in here.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Leivra said:
CannonFoddr said:
Couldn't of searched very well could you - it's already been answered here in this very thread & you'll see I even found a WIKIpedia entry as well
Look man, I don't have time to read all the pages, I only read the first 5 pages then I stopped, also wiki didn't helped me when I wrote RC. But when I wrote Release Candidate, I found the info that I want in here.
Sorry you've taken my reply that way (in fact the link on my post goes to the same place as you found) perhaps I was being a little too sarcastic in my post (it was meant to be a joke) - once again sorry about that.

Vania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's okay man, actually I didn't take it as a sarcastic.
happy.gif

KevInChester

Trophies
XP
Country
Small problem here, but whenever I use Soft Reset whatever I put as my skin will change back to the default setting, as will the language setting. Anyone else have this issue?

If not, I'll just assume something is messed up on my card and give it a full format. As it is I just deleted my old folder, and all related files.

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone help me out?

Mine is fine, but my buddies AK2, when he updated to AKAIO 1.6 RC1, & it started making new saves, naming them .sav instead of reading the .nds.sav files. Any way to fix this without renaming every game sav?

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gokuguy said:
Could someone help me out?

Mine is fine, but my buddies AK2, when he updated to AKAIO 1.6 RC1, & it started making new saves, naming them .sav instead of reading the .nds.sav files. Any way to fix this without renaming every game sav?

Not a big deal, just go into File System Settings and change the Save Extension.

It's also pretty easy to rename the files, just type the following into a command prompt:

for %i in (*.nds.sav) do for %p in (%~Ni) do ren %i %~Np.sav

and it will rename all your nds.sav files to .sav.

ren *.sav *.nds.sav will rename them back.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?title=AKAIO#NDS_Save

Code:
NDS Save
Save file extensions can be converted by using the "Save Ext." button found here. Simply set the save extension behavior (.nds.sav or .sav) in the System Options as well as enabling NDS + SAV as the "Set file list type" view. Then navigate to your NDS save file, highlight it, and press Y (Start > Properties). Click on the "Save Ext." button and then click "Yes" (press A) to confirm your decision. The save file has now been renamed automatically for you. This is not a batch process; each file must be renamed one at a time.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?tit...vanced_Settings

Code:
Save Ext. 

options are .sav and .nds.sav. 

the Save Extension defaults to ".sav" which is standard amongst other flash carts. If you have existing ".nds.sav" files, you can highlight them and select their "Properties" to enable the "Save Extension" button. This button will convert all ".nds.sav" files (including save slots) to ".sav" (and vice-versa) for the title selected, assuming you set the AKAIO save property option to .sav.

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?title=AKAIO#F.A.Q.

Code:
My official firmware .nds.sav files do not load on AKAIO, how can I fix this? 
Prior to v.4.14 of the official firmware, all save files used the .nds.sav extension. Users who upgraded to the far superior AKAIO are often confused as to why their save files will not work. AKAIO maintains backwards compatibility with the official firmware, and as a result contains an option for save extensions. Users can set the option to save/load files ending in .nds.sav or .sav. The default behavior of AKAIO is to use .sav, however, if your saves use the other extension you will either need to change them or adjust your AKAIO settings accordingly. 

To convert your save files to the new settings within AKAIO simple set the file view to NDS + SAV, the save extension to .nds.sav/.sav, highlight the save file and press Y, finally in the properties box click "Save Ext."

-another world

woffi63

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
KevInChester said:
Small problem here, but whenever I use Soft Reset whatever I put as my skin will change back to the default setting, as will the language setting. Anyone else have this issue?

If not, I'll just assume something is messed up on my card and give it a full format. As it is I just deleted my old folder, and all related files.

I had the same problem, every soft reset resets my system settings too. And no one else seems to have this problem.

I tried very much, and nothing makes it working. Yesterday i start my lovely old PC with Ubuntu 9.10 on it, and i format my TF with GParted, and copy all files back, and all on Ubuntu. And from this time on all is working fine, and the settings (also skins) stay.

hackotedelaplaqu

Trophies
Website
wiibrew.org
XP
Country
France
tk_saturn said:
All he has to do is send it back to the retailer for a replacement, not a big deal.

All these R4 and clones users whining about getting AKAIO to work on their carts annoy me.

If it weren't for people running AKAIO on clones and R4's, then 1.6 wouldn't need to be encrypted and 1.6 wouldn't have been delayed. On my class 2 card, there's a big slowdown loading AKAIO 1.6 and loading roms, which is presumably down to the encryption.

Don't forget that "annoying guys like us" are the victims in the story. As I said in another thread, the revender didn't even answer to my mail and I just spot that he didn't sell ak2i anymore (so no exchange).
Besides, since AKAIO is an unofficial loader, I don't understand Normatt's philosophy with all this encryption mess.

His only victory : slowdowns for legit owners and if people like me would have to buy another flashcard, sure it won't be an acekard one !

For now, I bought an ak2i for homebrew purposes, so I don't mind. But if Rudolph or anyone starts to play with HxD, I will not cry on AKAIO team.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hackotedelaplaque said:
Don't forget that "annoying guys like us" are the victims in the story. As I said in another thread, the revender didn't even answer to my mail and I just spot that he didn't sell ak2i anymore (so no exchange).
Besides, since AKAIO is an unofficial loader, I don't understand Normatt's philosophy with all this encryption mess.

His only victory : slowdowns for legit owners and if people like me would have to buy another flashcard, sure it won't be an acekard one !

For now, I bought an ak2i for homebrew purposes, so I don't mind. But if Rudolph or anyone starts to play with HxD, I will not cry on AKAIO team.
If the retailer refuses to refund or replace the cart email them and tell them you will make sure even person of GBAtemp, the largest community of flashusers on planet knows they are selling fake flash carts. Remind them many of the customers will come from here and you will add them to the bad retailers section, also post the emails to back up that they won't refund you.

If AKAIO is allowed to run on every clone out there, eventually you will probably find the clone makers will have it on their own websites and be passing it off as their own software. Pirating software is one thing, but passing someone elses work off as your own is something else entirely. If that happens you will probably find Normmatt and Co keep the AKAIO and Loader updates to themselves.

Most people on here with Genuine AK2i's will jump on those using AKAIO with R4's/ Clones because they want continued updates to the loaders.

AKAIO isn't that unofficial, we know they have contacts within the Acekard Team. For example goto http://www.acekard.com/download.php and you will see
QUOTEDownload AKAIO 1.6RC1 The best unofficial firmware for AK2, Ak2i, Ak rpg both. For more informations please refer to here?

You can only update loader if you've AKAIO1.5 already.Download AKAIO Loader
Acekard released the source code for the AK RPG for a reason.

Warriorccc0

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I get a white screen whenever I load games or try and update the cheat list.

How can I tell if my card is legit? I got it from GameByGame which was shown on the Akaio website as one of the distributors.

I guess I'll retry this and see if it.

Edit: Ok, I ended up deleting my __aio and just replacing it with the new one, instead of trying to auto-update and it works fine, I guess people who are having this issue should try this too.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Warriorccc0 said:
I get a white screen whenever I load games or try and update the cheat list.

How can I tell if my card is legit? I got it from GameByGame which was shown on the Akaio website as one of the distributors.

I guess I'll retry this and see if it.
To find your HW ID - if you can get AKAIO to run - press [Start] > Help - & you'll see a HW number

Depending on the number depends whether you have a 'fake' or not. Searching through forums posts it seems that generally

Acekard 2.1 = HW:80 = Real

Acekard 2i with Actel chip = HW:44 = Real
Acekard 2i with Actel chip = HW:80 = Possible Fake (although it seems AKAIO still works with this version)

Acekard with 'new chip' = HW:81 = Real

Other numbers mentioned - but I haven't found out whether they are fakes or real are HW:41 and HW:88
EDITED: Been doing more searching & HW:41 MAY be related Acekard 2's (Not 'i') as it's mentioned in this review. Can anyone confirm this ??

One other thing I've come across is that some games don't like soft reset and/or cheats enabled - try turning them off & see what happens
also some people think that the 1.6RC loaders are compatible with AKAIO 1.5(.1) OS (& Visa Versa) - THEY ARE NOT !!!! you cannot use loaders from one version with the other since they are encrypted differently

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
IT GAVE ME A FUCKING WHITE SCREEN

NOW ALL MY GAMES HAVE A WHITE SCREEN.

even when I want to Wifi update...it gives me a WHITE SCREEN

I hope this didn't F**K up my AceKard 2i...

these arn't side effects from a fake AceKard 2i is it?..I got mine at DX before they got C & D'd

I haven't had any issues at all with it..until now

hopefully I can just download the firmware from my PC

EDIT - from what i've seen people

DO NOT Wifi UPDATE THIS.

it will work..but download it normally.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
stanleyopar2000 said:
IT GAVE ME A FUCKING WHITE SCREEN

NOW ALL MY GAMES HAVE A WHITE SCREEN.

even when I want to Wifi update...it gives me a WHITE SCREEN

I hope this didn't F**K up my AceKard 2i...

these arn't side effects from a fake AceKard 2i is it?..I got mine at DX before they got C & D'd

I haven't had any issues at all with it..until now

hopefully I can just download the firmware from my PC

EDIT - from what i've seen people

DO NOT Wifi UPDATE THIS.

it will work..but download it normally.

1.6RC1 will update the loaders and cheats over WiFi no problems.

There is no way to update to 1.6 from a previous version over WiFi, it can only update the loaders, cheats and plugins. If you update a previous version with the 1.6 loaders then it won't work and you will either need to revert to the previous loaders or install AKAIO 1.6.

However do not update the WiFi plugin from within AKAIO 1.6, as the WiFi plugin on the update site (30/01/2010) is older than the one included in the 1.6 RC1 archive (10/03/2010) so someone needs update the website.

For me the the 30/01/2010 WiFi plugin whitescreened after updating, the updated 10/03/2010 WiFi plugin doesn't.

FlameTakuya

Trophies
Website
rsx0806.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi guys, recently I was using an R4, but upgraded to an Acekard 2i, using the same MicroSD card. I erased all the R4 kernels and stuff, and put in AKAIO 1.5. It worked perfectly okay, and I was able to play all my games with my previous R4 save files.

Then this 1.6 came out, I put it in and replace the 1.5 with it. Now all it does is create new save files even though the default save settings I had are already set to .sav. I realized that r4 has saved the files as .SAV, while AKAIO 1.6 creates new save files for games I play with .sav format, which is practically the same except for the small letters.

Is there anything I can do to use my old save files again? Or am I missing something?

suicidaltaco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FlameTakuya said:
Hi guys, recently I was using an R4, but upgraded to an Acekard 2i, using the same MicroSD card. I erased all the R4 kernels and stuff, and put in AKAIO 1.5. It worked perfectly okay, and I was able to play all my games with my previous R4 save files.

Then this 1.6 came out, I put it in and replace the 1.5 with it. Now all it does is create new save files even though the default save settings I had are already set to .sav. I realized that r4 has saved the files as .SAV, while AKAIO 1.6 creates new save files for games I play with .sav format, which is practically the same except for the small letters.

Is there anything I can do to use my old save files again? Or am I missing something?

It's confirmed as just a silly oversight that may or may not be fixed. Rename all your .SAV to .sav and you're good to go. Command prompt, "ren *.SAV *.sav", without the quotes, assuming you have them all in one folder which you may or may not.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
suicidaltaco said:
FlameTakuya said:

It's confirmed as just a silly oversight that may or may not be fixed. Rename all your .SAV to .sav and you're good to go. Command prompt, "ren *.SAV *.sav", without the quotes, assuming you have them all in one folder which you may or may not.

It's not so much as an oversight. If a file has a 8.3 filename then the extension should be in uppercase, but if it has longfilename then the extension should be in lowercase. The R4 shouldn't be saving longfilenames with uppercase file extensions, it goes against the norm.

suicidaltaco

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tk_saturn said:
It's not so much as an oversight. If a file has a 8.3 filename then the extension should be in uppercase, but if it has longfilename then the extension should be in lowercase. The R4 shouldn't be saving longfilenames with uppercase file extensions, it goes against the norm.

Makes sense, but it is a norm-defying trend AKAIO 1.5 continued. All my saves have been uppercase with it.
tongue.gif
Besides, just going off this:

QUOTE(Another World @ Mar 10 2010, 10:48 PM) ...do you mean .SAV/.sav? thats a stupid bug that i'm sure will either get fixed or users will just have to rename their saves to lowercase.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1