AKAIO v1.6 RC1

Tear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Found something like a bug on the AK2.1 I borrowed from a friend. Don't know if it was already discussed, I'm still looking the other pages.
Everything is normal until I softreset. The brightness goes to the level 2, the extension of the sav goes back to '.sav' (I use .nds.sav) and the skin goes back to adv evo.
I have to change all that config back, but the skin doesn't change until I turn the DS off and on again.
I tested again and again, and I'll try to reformat tomorrow.

Congrats to the AKAIO Team, for another release
wink.gif

CompC

Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'm having lots of problems.

First of all, sometimes it saves my settings when I turn the DS off, and sometimes it reverts to all the default settings.

When I first started up, it seems to have made a new save file for Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth, and sometimes I just get a white screen while trying to boot it up. Other times it's okay.

I've always been able to play the Phoenix Wright games fine, with some flickering save dialogs, but just now I tried saving and it froze. I just loaded it again and it said the save data was corrupt.

Before I do ANYTHING else, I'm going to back up ALL my save files.
biggrin.gif

And for now I'm going back to whatever the previous release was… I didn't have any problems at all on that.

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
isabelyes said:
What exactly has been fixed about Etrian Odyssey II: Heroes of Lagaard ?
I reported that bug... the game wouldn't quicksave, leaving you pretty fucked in the long bonus floors. Thankfully normmatt got it fixed, so I can finally finish this game.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
CannonFoddr said:
sphinx.djc said:
From my questions, you'll probably tell I don't know too much about this stuff, but...

Just exactly what does RC1 mean? I updated to AKAIO 1.5.1, I check back every so often for newer updates, is this the official 1.6, or is it some kind of beta?'RC' = 'Release Candidate'.
I'm sure someone will correct me but I believe 'RC's' is similar to a BETA except avaliable to the general public.
Whereas 'BETA' are usually given to a select few to try out

Actually a quick Google came up with THIS
QUOTEThe term release candidate (RC) refers to a version with potential to be a final product, ready to release unless fatal bugs emerge.

akaio went through 5 1.6 betas before being ready for a public release. so its a beta, yea, but not really a beta -- if you follow my logic.

-another world

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
its not you its the card. a recent batch of the 2.1 has some serious issues. team acekard mentioned to us that they are not clones and they do not know what the problem is. it has already been reported that 1.6 is not working correctly on these cards. again someone should offer to mail norm one of these kits so he can figure out what the problem is. if you don't want it you could offer it to norm via PM,
ive offered him one, i have two...sending me another faulty one was dx's way of keeping me a happily confused customer.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
cosmiccinema said:
Doesn't work with Animal Crossing for the Acekard 2i
wtf.gif
lol
Yes it does - that's one of the few games I play (for a short time) nearly every day (mainly 'cos I wanna finish the Fish & Bugs)
Mind you - since I don't use 'soft reset' / 'cheats' or 'download play' I have them disabled - what about you ??

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
hackotedelaplaque said:
JereTHEend said:
Actually, he has a clone, no wonder...

HWID 8080 - and it is AK2i

so... We are sorry for Wabsta, boycott the clones if anything...So HWID 8080 is definitively a clone, not a recent ak2i one like claimed by the shop ?
I helped some1 else out about this on another post (I looked through many other posts on GBATemp/Acekard & other forums trying to find the required info)

Basically, when it comes to HW numbers of acekards - the general opinion in the posts I've read is
Acekard 2.1 = HW:80 = True

Acekard 2i with Actel chip = HW:44 = True
Acekard 2i with Actel chip = HW:80 = Possible Fake (although it seems AKAIO 1.5.1 still works with this version)

Acekard 2i with 'new chip' = HW:81
You can't really rely on the photos shown on Acekard website (about the Actel chip & Hole in case) as the earlier Acekard 2i's were made the same way, so you may end up with 'old stock'
Also I've seen the numbers 'HW:41' and 'HW88' mentioned, unfortunately the posts never mentioned whether they were fake or real

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, I put on the microSD root the _aio folder and the akmenu4.nds. Do I also need to add the ak2loader.nds to the ak2loader folder? Just thought I'd ask since I noticed that the ak2loader was updated too.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
SickPuppy said:
ok, I put on the microSD root the _aio folder and the akmenu4.nds. Do I also need to add the ak2loader.nds to the ak2loader folder? Just thought I'd ask since I noticed that the ak2loader was updated too.
It comes with the updated loaders, don't worry, all you need is that folder and the menu file. ^^

DaDownload: This is for acekards. An R4 is not an acekard.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P