Akaio Save Problems

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by 2stepsteve, Jul 9, 2010.

Jul 9, 2010

Akaio Save Problems by 2stepsteve at 3:19 PM (667 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. 2stepsteve
    OP

Newcomer 2stepsteve Member

United Kingdom
    I have a problem with my saves.. some are in the .SAV extension and others are in the .sav extension.

I believe I need to be using the .sav is this correct?

Now when I try and cut and paste a .SAV out from my memory card it automatically deletes the .sav telling me they are duplicate file names, so I am left with an empty save file!

What the hell is going on? I just lost two of my save files because of this issue.

Many thanks

2. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
  3. 2stepsteve
    OP

United Kingdom
    Thanks for the help.

The thing is I already have lower case .savs which I am loading from but also have some .SAVs.

No matter if I rename the .SAV to something else or move or delete the .SAV it will tell me there are duplicate files and one or both of them gets deleted.

I can't even move the .sav out of there to protect it as again winxp tells me there are duplicate file names.

This is a right mess of a situation.

4. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    Try doing this

If that still doesn't work, save this file to your MicroSD card http://www.themolehole.eclipse.co.uk/d.bat then copy and paste the contents of notepad into this thread.

and i'll have a look later. If you have a both sav and SAV files for the same game, then you may need to reference them by the SFN.

5. 2stepsteve
    OP

United Kingdom
  6. 2stepsteve
    OP

United Kingdom
    I got a feeling this is my fault I have got into this situation I should of cleared up the sav files when I moved from R4 to Acekard2i instead I just copied over the contents of the savs and kept playing. argh!

Edit: Just tried rescuing my saves on windows 7 and it looks like I am able to move the .sav files off from my card without screwing up anything up.

So I am now manually backing them up now and checking save dates and then deleting them bloody .SAV files.

I only lost Air traffic controller save.. not too bad I guess.

Thanks for your help tk_saturn

7. tk_saturn

United Kingdom
    Sorry, I was eating.

If you haven't sorted it, this batch file will atleast back them all up for you http://www.themolehole.eclipse.co.uk/sfnbackup.bat and then you can manually rename them without conflicts. Save to the root directory of your MicroSD card run.