AKAIO request:

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by dib, Sep 24, 2008.

Sep 24, 2008

AKAIO request: by dib at 12:32 AM (871 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. dib
    OP

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Could a hotkey be established when booting up the AK RPG so that it doesn't dump the save data to a file? There have been a few instances where I could have used an emergency overrule. If it were on the SD card, I can always yank that out and it will dump it to root instead, but I'm not aware of any way to achieve this with the onboard memory.

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    the save dump, as i understand it, is for when a game failed to save correctly or you switch msd cards and the save data doesn't know where to go because that '.sav' isn't on that kit. i'm not sure if dumping is vital to the firmware or not, as in if it will error if it doesn't get to dump the sram data on bootup. as far as moving you can cut/copy/paste off the nand to the msd and vice versa. but you would need to rename the save file to work, and akaio has no keyboard (and no plans to rewrite the gui to include one).

not sure if any of this helps you, and i didn't really grasp the thought process behind your questions -- sorry.

-another world

3. dib
    OP

Member dib GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Exactly what it said: I would like a hotkey to avoid dumping the save data to a file.

4. ozzymud

Member ozzymud GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I would like to see this too, some unused hotkey combo (i.e. not used for like flashme) that would instead of writing to game_name_here.sav dump it to lastsave.sav in the nand and/or another combo to dump it to null instead.

My thinking on this is, some games like Civ Revolutions don't need to save at all if you aint in the middle of a game, and i hate waiting for the processing when i aint in the middle of a game. If game over, skip, if not.. process save file.