Hacking AKAIO PSP Equivalent

Prior22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One of the features I really enjoy about the DS is AKAIO for my acekard. Once a PSP Go is softmodded are there various loaders to choose from? And if so which one is most recommended (particularly for easy cheat code usage). Thanks.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
There is only one CFW (custom firmware) available (I'm ignoring all others because they are redundant and/or not that good) and it works pretty good. There is no 'loaders', though I guess the drivers could be the PSP equivalent.

To get cheats to work you'll need a cheat plugin, which is nothing to do with the firmware like it has to be built in on DS.There's one called CWCheat if you want to look up that.

Just follow Rydian's softmod guide and then go searching around for CWCheat tutorials, there's probably one on this board.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
With the PSP it's not all integrated. The "loaders" for game compatibility are the ISO drivers, and currently Inferno (the default for PRO) is the most updated. As for cheats you have a few tools to choose from, but TempAR looks to have the most recent code activity... other cheat tools may have outdated databases, I haven't checked lately to see what's been adding new codes.

Un4tural

Trophies
XP
Country
From my days of DSi owning until it broke - psp does pretty much everything akaio does without akaio... you just copy ISOs to your PSP card or memory and play them, get one of the cheat overlays installed if you so desire to do that. i mostly just use my own cheats unless they are hard to find, learning how to use memory editors pays off heaps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn