Akaio pokemon hg/ss??????????

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by yusuo, Mar 14, 2010.

Mar 14, 2010

Akaio pokemon hg/ss?????????? by yusuo at 9:24 AM (2,309 Views / 0 Likes) 15 replies

1. yusuo
    OP

Member yusuo GBAtemp Addict

United Kingdom
    Just wanted to know a few things as i just bought a acekard 2i, does pokemon hg/ss freeze at all with akaio 1.6rc1, or is it just a hella lot less common also do you have wifi capabilities with the acekard or is that still a no go.

One more question do I have ability to connect to my wii on pokemon platinum

2. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    it works on akaio 1.6rc 1 [​IMG]
    not sure about the wifi.. since i have been busy

if i am not wrong.. it has the connectivity for pkmn plat and wii [​IMG] (maybe someone else could addon)
    normmatt spent lots of time doing those [​IMG]

3. Opium

Former Staff Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Australia
    I'm using AKAIO 1.6rc1 and I'm starting to get random freezes and black screens. About 5 hours into the game. Just past gym 3 in goldenrod.

Particularly in the game corner, if I get to level 2 of voltorb flip the game will freeze if I exit the game or play another round. The game also froze during a battle with a trainer for me. I'm going to run a few tests. The AP was meant to have been cracked when using AKAIO.

4. yusuo
    OP

United Kingdom
    Opium how often are these freezes happening, i never have bothered with game corner so hopefully wont be an issue there, but is it every once and a while or few and far between after 3rd gym

5. Ireland 1

Member Ireland 1 GBAtemps resident Irish

Ireland
    1. It did not freeze on me and i am in the 2nd Gym

2. yes you can but you have to hold down the X button when loading the game.

6. mrfatso

Member mrfatso That guy!!

Singapore
    so far, the only freeze that i got was when i was talking to my chickyritta(not sure how u spell this name) in cherry groove city right after i have treated my pokemon and i have talked to my pidgy and ladybra and that was only 1 hour and 30 mins into the game.

So far, no freeze yet and thanks for reminding me to pick the apricons [​IMG]

and according to a friend of mine, he has been playing for 16 hours and he has not encountered a freeze yet.

So, i guess it depends on your luck.

7. Eon-Rider

Member Eon-Rider GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    I've played HeartGold until the eighth gym with only one random freeze. I'd say AKAIO 1.6 RC1 works perfectly fine. [​IMG]

8. yusuo
    OP

United Kingdom
    woohoo my acekard should turn up tuesday/wednesday time

9. jmido

Member jmido GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I have 17+ hours now without a single freeze or glitch. I'v also played that voltorb game up to level 6 without a freeze and have successfully done GTS trading over wifi. So, AKAIO 1.6 seems to be working 100% [​IMG]

10. CamulaHikari

Member CamulaHikari Kami Kurai

Netherlands
    Congrats, because of nintendo the acekard shops get a lot of money xD! I also got really exicited today. Just received my mail that I can pick up my acekard 2i! Will do that after school tomorrow.

11. nguyeth

Newcomer nguyeth Advanced Member

United States
    nvm question solved

12. maizzz

Newcomer maizzz Newbie

United States
    sounds great!

13. DanIhjel

Newcomer DanIhjel Newbie

Denmark
    Thanks, now i can buy an acekard2i without worrying about wifi not working.. yaay [​IMG]

14. Dragoon709

Member Dragoon709 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I've been in the market for a new flashcart for a while and the Acekard is starting to look like the best choice.... my M3 just isn't cutting it anymore....

15. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    Yep, pretty much.
    It's one of the best options out there, thanks to AKAIO. One of the few flashcarts that can currently play HG/SS, and most other games without flaw. And it's one of the cheapest.
    Sure it doesn't have the bells and whistles of in-game guides or save states, but do you really need that?

16. Dragoon709

Member Dragoon709 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I rarely use the guides and rts just manages to cause me to have to reset the game anyway.....so no I don't really need it at all. most of the time I would prefer not to use it.