Akaio pokemon hg/ss??????????

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by yusuo, Mar 14, 2010.

1. yusuo
    OP

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    Just wanted to know a few things as i just bought a acekard 2i, does pokemon hg/ss freeze at all with akaio 1.6rc1, or is it just a hella lot less common also do you have wifi capabilities with the acekard or is that still a no go.

One more question do I have ability to connect to my wii on pokemon platinum

2. elixirdream

elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2008
    Malaysia
    6th Dimention
    it works on akaio 1.6rc 1 [​IMG]
    not sure about the wifi.. since i have been busy

if i am not wrong.. it has the connectivity for pkmn plat and wii [​IMG] (maybe someone else could addon)
    normmatt spent lots of time doing those [​IMG]

3. Opium

Opium PogoShell it to me ™

Former Staff
    Dec 22, 2002
    Australia
    I'm using AKAIO 1.6rc1 and I'm starting to get random freezes and black screens. About 5 hours into the game. Just past gym 3 in goldenrod.

Particularly in the game corner, if I get to level 2 of voltorb flip the game will freeze if I exit the game or play another round. The game also froze during a battle with a trainer for me. I'm going to run a few tests. The AP was meant to have been cracked when using AKAIO.

4. yusuo
    OP

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    Opium how often are these freezes happening, i never have bothered with game corner so hopefully wont be an issue there, but is it every once and a while or few and far between after 3rd gym

5. Ireland 1

Ireland 1 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 21, 2008
    1. It did not freeze on me and i am in the 2nd Gym

2. yes you can but you have to hold down the X button when loading the game.

6. mrfatso

mrfatso That guy!!

Apr 17, 2008
    Senegal
    @Your Home,behind the sofa
    so far, the only freeze that i got was when i was talking to my chickyritta(not sure how u spell this name) in cherry groove city right after i have treated my pokemon and i have talked to my pidgy and ladybra and that was only 1 hour and 30 mins into the game.

So far, no freeze yet and thanks for reminding me to pick the apricons [​IMG]

and according to a friend of mine, he has been playing for 16 hours and he has not encountered a freeze yet.

So, i guess it depends on your luck.

7. Eon-Rider

Eon-Rider GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 15, 2008
    I've played HeartGold until the eighth gym with only one random freeze. I'd say AKAIO 1.6 RC1 works perfectly fine. [​IMG]

8. yusuo
    OP

yusuo GBAtemp Addict

Oct 19, 2006
    woohoo my acekard should turn up tuesday/wednesday time

9. jmido

jmido GBAtemp Regular

Mar 3, 2010
    United States
    I have 17+ hours now without a single freeze or glitch. I'v also played that voltorb game up to level 6 without a freeze and have successfully done GTS trading over wifi. So, AKAIO 1.6 seems to be working 100% [​IMG]

10. CamulaHikari

CamulaHikari Kami Kurai

Jul 10, 2008
    Netherlands
    The Chocolate Factory~<3
    Congrats, because of nintendo the acekard shops get a lot of money xD! I also got really exicited today. Just received my mail that I can pick up my acekard 2i! Will do that after school tomorrow.

11. nguyeth

nguyeth Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2009
    United States
    nvm question solved

12. maizzz

maizzz Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2010
    United States
    sounds great!

13. DanIhjel

DanIhjel Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2010
    Thanks, now i can buy an acekard2i without worrying about wifi not working.. yaay [​IMG]

14. Dragoon709

Dragoon709 GBAtemp Regular

May 24, 2008
    Canada
    Anywhere there are games
    I've been in the market for a new flashcart for a while and the Acekard is starting to look like the best choice.... my M3 just isn't cutting it anymore....

15. RupeeClock

RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

May 15, 2008
    Yep, pretty much.
    It's one of the best options out there, thanks to AKAIO. One of the few flashcarts that can currently play HG/SS, and most other games without flaw. And it's one of the cheapest.
    Sure it doesn't have the bells and whistles of in-game guides or save states, but do you really need that?

16. Dragoon709

Dragoon709 GBAtemp Regular

May 24, 2008
    Canada
    Anywhere there are games
    I rarely use the guides and rts just manages to cause me to have to reset the game anyway.....so no I don't really need it at all. most of the time I would prefer not to use it.