OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
So as part of a little joke, a friend of mine did a quick sketch of this for shits and giggles...
dsii.jpg

And I was thinking, why not seriously design an OS-tan for AKAIO, or a *-tan for the acekard itself?
QUOTE(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OS-tan) said:
The OS-tan are the moe anthropomorphism/personification of several operating systems by various amateur Japanese artists. The OS-tan are typically depicted as women, with the OS-tan representative of Microsoft Windows operating systems usually depicted as sisters of varying ages.
I've got some examples here for you all to see how it's usually done, and to get those creative juices flowing.

Group shot of XP, ME, and 2K from left to right.

Windows 95: [X] [X] [X] [X]

Windows 98: [X] [X]

Windows 2000: [X] [X] [Partially-NSFW]

Windows XP: [X] [X] [X] [X]

Windows Vista: [X] [X] [X] [X]

I shouldn't have any trouble finding a decent artist for it, the trouble will be designing it and coming up with a description (and perhaps references or concept art). I know many of the people on the temp have artistic talent, so I turn to you all. =D

Any concepts of akaio or symbols or such we should include?
What sort of age, hair/eye color, body build, clothing, accessories?

naglaro00

Mildly disturbed
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Considering that AKAIO is a few years old, make it as old as Vista or something
Hair and eye color is a hard one. Maybe blue or black?
Clothes and accessories is hard. Maybe something similar to the default skin?

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
OP
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
naglaro00 said:
Considering that AKAIO is a few years old, make it as old as Vista or somethingWell, I was thinking in the style of firmwares, old is bad and new is good, and AKAIO's preferred to the old/original firmware that doesn't get compatibility updates, so perhaps a younger age, like 15.

naglaro00 said:
Hair and eye color is a hard one. Maybe blue or black?What about heterochromia, blue in one eye and purple in the other? Can't decide if silver or black hair would look better.

QUOTE(naglaro00 @ May 3 2010, 11:08 AM)
Clothes and accessories is hard. Maybe something similar to the default skin?
Perhaps black clothing with silver/purple/blue accessories? Idunno' if it'd be better as a skintight suit or something more flowing.

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coolness said:
Looks cool
yay First post
biggrin.gif

People still say first??? Not to mention that yours is actually the 2nd.

QUOTE(impizkit @ May 3 2010, 11:36 AM) Very nice. Especially the first one under XP.

Wait... people still listen to Limp Bizkit? I thought everyone including myself still wants to kick Fred Durst in the teeth.

Rising_Dragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uummm....

Yeaa.. You know what? I think I would stick more to the general DS-tan
An AKAIO-tan would be pretty niche, and while not unwanted, you are going to have to either get a very weeboo/japanese artist to do it, or have some good community support to make it happen.

If you do need a recommendation on the color-scheme for it though, I recommend sticking to the AK2i colors as a test bed.
That would be;
Black
Chrome/metallic silver
dark cyan
Gold (Accents on clothing trim/accessories?)

Another possible color scheme choice would be 'default firmware skin that comes with AKAIO
Black/darker color in general
Cyan?
Purples

Floral pattern kind of clothing.

Clothing itself should be more 'futuristic' like the DS-tan style, but that's just my opinion.

6teert.jpg
9k8b4p.jpg
3wh7t.jpg
300gso2.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Skelletonike first time I hear of stellar blade