AKAIO-offical

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by stegalt, Jun 13, 2009.

Jun 13, 2009

AKAIO-offical by stegalt at 5:07 AM (1,094 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. stegalt
    OP

Newcomer stegalt Member

United States
    Iv looked at the first 3 pages of threads for stuff about AKAIO and all I could really find is that its waay better then the official.

What I want to know is how? I looked at the wiki but all I could find was a list with little to no details, so ima copy/paste whats on the list that I am interested in and I was hoping some people here could give me more details about it.

Plug-ins for TXT/MP3/etc. - Doesn't the official one do this too?
    "Future Adaptable" Multi-loader support (for AK2) - wha?
    Multiple Save Slots per title - with copying between slots - does the original only have like 8 save slots for -all- games and this gives you 8 save slots for -each-?
    Slot-2 Integration - EZ3in1 (w/GBA Patching), eWin 2in1, and older FlashAdvance Pro carts - Does this mean I can play GBA roms from the ak2i flash cart without having to plug something in the GBA slot?

Yeah, this if my first flash cart ever in life. I already ordered my ak2i(dealextreme.com uber cheap price =o hate the 2-3 week delivery though T-T)

Also can someone just flat out explain how saving works with a flash cart?

Thanks in advanced for everything guys(and/or gals) [​IMG]

2. Aygen

Newcomer Aygen Member

United States
    1) No idea
    2) No idea
    3) No. Any slot 2 compatability means you need something like the EZ3in1. Its a sad but constant truth ... Also: If you have an AK2i and are using it on a DSi, you can't use GBA roms at all, since the DSi has no GBA slot.

4) Saves are .sav files that can vary in size depending on the game. They are made when the rom is first loaded by the cart.

3. lilkerv90210

lilkerv90210 Newbie

as far as firmware being better. it works better and has WAAAYY better support then the official firmware

the card will automatically detect the save type

4. BoxShot

Member BoxShot Chiyo-chan :3

United States
    Saving in game is how you save. Basically save as you normally would. No you still need a slot 2 it just allows you to boot gba games from the gui without other homebrew. IDK about the plugins but its going away in akaio 1.5. Multi-loader I'm guessing refers to the fact it can use the official loaders as well as akaio's.

5. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    1. who cares the official sucks. but anyways, plugins are gone from akaio 1.5 so don't get use to using them in any of the previous versions. when you upgrade to akaio 1.5 they won't be there.
    2. you can use the "loaders" from the official ak2 firmware, and use more than one. IE: adaptable multi-loader support. this isn't needed any longer. akaio's loaders are now far superior.
    3. you have the ability to have more than 1 save slot per .sav file associated with each game. the game makes a .sav file, which is the storage file for the info the game saves. the game might already allow you to save in 3+ different "profiles" but all of those save to the 1 .sav file. this akaio feature is useful if you want to allow someone else to use your acekard, you can set it up so that they use slot2 and will not overwrite your .sav file. this is also useful if you want to replay a part of a game but not save to your .sav file. you could just save to slot2 or slot3 or slot4, etc.
    4. no, it means that akaio has native support for flashing those kits on the fly. those kits are still required, and those are the supported kits.

-another world

6. stegalt
    OP

Newcomer stegalt Member

United States
    wow such fast replys, thanks a lot. Answered all my questions haha

Now I just gotta wait about one more week before my ak2i gets here T-T

thanks again guys, i'll be sure to use akaio instead [​IMG]

7. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    the plugins were just old versions of homebrew apps, which were buggy and had their own issues. taking out the plugins gave some free space to do something else with akaio. no one ever offered additional/new/updated plugins.

for those reasons they were removed.

-another world