DaMummy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
which filesystems will work with akaio? i have an acekard rpg, and was wondering what would be the best to use, if anything other then fat, im talking for the rpg nand and microsd

Etalon

Former Akaio Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Macau
msd:

http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/download/index.html

nand: No idea. Srry. I'm a DSi guy and can't use R.P.G.
mellow.gif

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DaMummy said:
gee ok thx, panasoic will format to fat, im asking if any others will work like ext2,3
No... you asked "what would be the best to use".
And Etalon giave you the correct answer: Panasonic SD Formatter.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
DaMummy was asking if there's any advantages to using a certain FS.
QUOTE said:
..what would be the best to use, if anything other then fat..

From the AKAIO wiki:
QUOTE(What should I use @ FAT16 or FAT32?)The File Allocation Table FAT (also known as FAT16) standards were developed before large devices existed. Without getting into the specifics, the general rule of thumb is to format your 2GB or less microSD cards at FAT16. Anything equal or over 4GB should be formatted using FAT32. While you can force some formatters to format a 4GB card at FAT16 you will see a significantly negative performance impact. In some cases, on slower 2GB or less microSD cards you can adjust the cluster size to improve performance. (IE: format G: /Q /A:64k /FS:FAT). For more information please read the File Allocation Table article.

And FYI, DaMummy, you can use the panasonic formatter on the NAND if it happens to go funny on ya. I had an AKAIO beta fuck mine up (way back before my RPG got 'loved' to death) and was able to fix it via said method.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
VatoLoco said:
QUOTE said:

From the AKAIO wiki:
QUOTE(What should I use @ FAT16 or FAT32?)The File Allocation Table FAT (also known as FAT16) standards were developed before large devices existed. Without getting into the specifics, the general rule of thumb is to format your 2GB or less microSD cards at FAT16. Anything equal or over 4GB should be formatted using FAT32. While you can force some formatters to format a 4GB card at FAT16 you will see a significantly negative performance impact. In some cases, on slower 2GB or less microSD cards you can adjust the cluster size to improve performance. (IE: format G: /Q /A:64k /FS:FAT). For more information please read the File Allocation Table article.
And Panasonic SD Formatter automatically picks FAT/FAT32 based on your card so your argument is pointless because it is exactly what I said.

DaMummy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ok it doesnt look like anybody is understanding me here, im asking if any of the other file systems work, other then fat16 or 32, im talking ext2,3,4, xfs, reiserfs, minix, ntfs, or any other ones that are available

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DaMummy said:
ok it doesnt look like anybody is understanding me here, im asking if any of the other file systems work, other then fat16 or 32, im talking ext2,3,4, xfs, reiserfs, minix, ntfs, or any other ones that are available
No.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
VatoLoco said:
QUOTE said:

From the AKAIO wiki:
And Panasonic SD Formatter automatically picks FAT/FAT32 based on your card so your argument is pointless because it is exactly what I said.

What "argument". I quoted the AKAIO wiki for information about file systems. The only thing i said about Panasonic is that it can also be used to fix a fukked up NAND. There is no need for you to deem the info i posted as "pointless". I was answering to the best of my knowledge, till DaMummy restated his question to be better understoood.
And yippy-skippy for the formatter choosing fat/fat32 for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM