Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SifJar said:
thieves like us said:
Smiths said:
So 1.8.8 didn't ship with Kirby loaders? AKAIO team sucks!
BAN request. if we start banning people for stupid comments, maybe they will think first before posting defamatory information
You're the one with the stupid comment. Smiths is part of the AKAIO team, his post was a joke.
well, now I do feel foolish, but my comment holds still holds true. gbatemp is filled with many replies which are not thought out. and unless you follow AKAIO and knew that smiths was part of the team, it looks like another noob trying to tell the team how to do their job.
wink.gif

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
thieves like us said:
SifJar said:
thieves like us said:
Smiths said:
So 1.8.8 didn't ship with Kirby loaders? AKAIO team sucks!
BAN request. if we start banning people for stupid comments, maybe they will think first before posting defamatory information
You're the one with the stupid comment. Smiths is part of the AKAIO team, his post was a joke.
well, now I do feel foolish, but my comment holds still holds true. gbatemp is filled with many replies which are not thought out. and unless you follow AKAIO and knew that smiths was part of the team, it looks like another noob trying to tell the team how to do their job.
wink.gif
smiths is like that sometimes, you get used to him over time.

xxteargodxx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So has AKAIO 1.8.8a been released? Or not yet? I'm not sure if I should upgrade to 1.8.8 or wait for whoever posted that said they were going to fix 1.8.8a and wait for that.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
lightakejerry said:
I'll check with AK team if they really have released the AKAIO 1.8.8 because I didn't see any updates in the official website yet.
Acekard aren't the ones making AKAIO though, if you want the official website for AKAIO you'll find it at AKAIO.net

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
xxteargodxx said:
So has AKAIO 1.8.8a been released? Or not yet? I'm not sure if I should upgrade to 1.8.8 or wait for whoever posited that said they were going to fix 1.8.8a and wait for that.
If it's not posted on the front page of The Temp or on the official site, then it hasn't been released. Also just wait for 1.8 8a, since you are than likely going to need to update to it anyways.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
lightakejerry said:
I'll check with AK team if they really have released the AKAIO 1.8.8 because I didn't see any updates in the official website yet.

the official website for akaio is http://www.akaio.net. if we post news on it, its real.

the acekard team does not release akaio and they have no say in its development. akaio is a 3rd party project that is officially supported by team acekard, mostly due to its popularity but also because it quickly overstepped the compatibility and features of the official kernel.

-another world

lightakejerry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the information I found on acekard website as following:
http://akaio.net/loaders/
AKAIO Loaders
(Updated/Uploaded and Supported/Unsupported as we please)
Dated 08/23/11 Notes: "Updated to AKAIO 1.8.8 loaders.
Fixed Atsumete! Kirby (#5803)."
AKRPG loader
AK2/AK2i loader
USAGE: Download the file for your card and unzip it to your "__aio/loaders" directory on your card

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
lightakejerry said:
This is the information I found on acekard website as following:
http://akaio.net/loaders/
AKAIO Loaders
(Updated/Uploaded and Supported/Unsupported as we please)
Dated 08/23/11 Notes: "Updated to AKAIO 1.8.8 loaders.
Fixed Atsumete! Kirby (#5803)."
AKRPG loader
AK2/AK2i loader
USAGE: Download the file for your card and unzip it to your "__aio/loaders" directory on your card
Since you just clearly ignored everyone, I am not sure why I am telling you this again. Acekard team nor their site has anything to do with AKAIO. All they do is post the news about it like The Temp does. As well all news posted on the Temp is official.
Did I mention the Acekard team has nothing to do with AKAIO. AKAIO are their own independent team with their own site, which is akaio.net.

~Stenny

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i can boot up to play Kirby, but can't manage to get past the door screen on first level.

do i have to do something in the game or is it AP? thanks and sorry for the dumbness.

lightakejerry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DC2000 said:
Normmatt said:
new loaders are up that should fix the kirby fix. sorry was a last minute typo.
Did you really up?
I get still a white screen.
It's said that Kirby can work by akaio 1.8.8, I saw some guys posted good news in AK forum, so I am wondering if you're using the latest AK version HW81 or not? Because HW44 is not available.

puerto

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you so much for this. You made my boy (and myself of course) very happy with the fix for Kirby !

Keep up the good work :-)

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
lightakejerry said:
It's said that Kirby can work by akaio 1.8.8, I saw some guys posted good news in AK forum, so I am wondering if you're using the latest AK version HW81 or not? Because HW44 is not available.

you just love spreading rumors, don't you? the akaio AP patching for kirby is in the loaders. it works the same if you are using a akrpg, ak2, ak2.1, or 2i. the HWID has nothing to do with it.

-another world

fiberoptic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
guys, pls. teach me how to update to 1.8.8, mine is 1.8.7 and just recently bought it...
is there a video tutorial on how to do this?

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/AKAIO#Quick_Guide

Code:
1.Format the microSD with the Panasonic formatter. 
2.Download the current version of AKAIO 
3.Decompress (using WinZIP, WinRAR, 7z, etc) the file and put the __aio* folder and akmenu4.nds at the Root (top most directory) of your microSD card 
4.Insert the microSD card firmly in the non-spring loaded ak2.1 and ak2i. If your microSD slot is spring loaded make sure it "clicks." 
5.Insert the Acekard firmly into your NDS, again make sure it clicks**. 
6.Boot up the NDS, select the Acekard from the firmware Slot-1 selection box, and enjoy

-another world

Yanze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Another World said:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/AKAIO#Quick_Guide

Code:
1.Format the microSD with the Panasonic formatter. 
2.Download the current version of AKAIO 
3.Decompress (using WinZIP, WinRAR, 7z, etc) the file and put the __aio* folder and akmenu4.nds at the Root (top most directory) of your microSD card 
4.Insert the microSD card firmly in the non-spring loaded ak2.1 and ak2i. If your microSD slot is spring loaded make sure it "clicks." 
5.Insert the Acekard firmly into your NDS, again make sure it clicks**. 
6.Boot up the NDS, select the Acekard from the firmware Slot-1 selection box, and enjoy

-another world
Is it really neccesary to fully format the SD card instead of copying the new AKAIO version over the old one? If so, I first have to backup my games and savegames I guess.
And should step 7 maybe downloading the updated loader from akaio.net? Or is teh updated loader already present in the downloable AKAIO 1.8.8a?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/e7BTm5WxMlw?si=YB0d6BWQ9YsaherL