Hacking AKAIO 1.8.6 Pokemon Black/White

jeroen80

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have a problem with the original roms pokemon black and white.
If i try to load black is see a yellow loading thing and then it says system file missing.
With pokemon white it is hanging on the loading screen.
I already tried panasonic sd formatter and try a full overwrite and format.
That didn't work.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are we talking the original Japanese Pokemon Black/White? Othewise you need to specify which region you're having problems with.

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try disabling soft-reset and AP on the System Menu and see if that helps.

Also can you generate a CRC check on the files? You could have a bad dump in theory.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Pokémon B&W (EU version)
It runs fine with:

- Soft-Reset: Disabled
- Bypass AntiPiracy: Disabled
(Rest Default, You can turn on cheats, works fine with it)

XP goes up fine, so far everything that should work on flashcards, do work fine on AceKard with AKAIO 1.8.6

(PS: Just tested this with the rom, i do play the original bought Black and White, it's way more fun when you can chat over camera with your friends who also have it bought.)

Philly_Cheese

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First you should have a pokemon black / white ID# 5584 OR 5585 (avoid anything that's been patched as I've heard about a few fake roms).
Both of these play correctly on 1.8.6
also a few side notes:
Low end microSD white screen when it attempts to load the game.
Using .nds.sav extension can also cause the above described white screen.

boomer169

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DjoeN said:
Pokémon B&W (EU version)
It runs fine with:

- Soft-Reset: Disabled
- Bypass AntiPiracy: Disabled
(Rest Default, You can turn on cheats, works fine with it)

XP goes up fine, so far everything that should work on flashcards, do work fine on AceKard with AKAIO 1.8.6

(PS: Just tested this with the rom, i do play the original bought Black and White, it's way more fun when you can chat over camera with your friends who also have it bought.)

I have the EU version of both pokemon black and white. Both Roms work great in a competitors card and I used your fix above to get pokemon white to finally work with my Acekard 2.

However Pokemon Black no longer works, as well as Lego Rock band. I have a ds and a ds lite. I am using kingston micro sd cards 4 gig. All these roms worked on both my Acekard2 (at one time) and a competitors card (all the time with no issues).

I've reformatted, reinstalled, and deleted all game saves, nothing works. I'm getting white screen on both pokemon black and lego rockband. I have them both set as soft-reset disabled and bypass antipiracy disabled.

Thoughts?

ko-hi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A few months ago I got Acekard 2i and played Japanese White rom (and later, US Black rom) perfectly with AKAIO 1.8.5.
About a week ago I bought a new, larger capacity microSD card, and placed the new AKAIO 1.8.6a on it. Half of my games (not all of them, but including Black/White) would get as far as the yellow loading screen, and then say system file is missing. I then replaced it with my old 1.8.5 thinking the games may not be compatible with the new AKAIO, and now they just freeze at the yellow loading screen.

LeonFelix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Excuse for some time now I've been trying to use the Marking cheat codes and they simply don't work I tried using the PokeSav, DeSummue DS Emmulator and yet no joy was found.
I have almost given up hope on this cheat. However can you guys probably help me out here?
One thing I have noticed is that Before I had a DSi, however when I bought my 3DS I had to patch it so that my Acekard 2i would work however, I noticed that the only thing that didn't indeed work was that cheat. Everything else is perfectly dandy. I've searched far and wide for a solution but alas non seems to have been found yet. So please help

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ko-hi said:
A few months ago I got Acekard 2i and played Japanese White rom (and later, US Black rom) perfectly with AKAIO 1.8.5.
About a week ago I bought a new, larger capacity microSD card, and placed the new AKAIO 1.8.6a on it. Half of my games (not all of them, but including Black/White) would get as far as the yellow loading screen, and then say system file is missing. I then replaced it with my old 1.8.5 thinking the games may not be compatible with the new AKAIO, and now they just freeze at the yellow loading screen.

System file missing issues are usually due to the sd card. You'll have to try reformatting it with the Panasonic SD formatter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    Lol I think my first modem was 48K but it had some sort of firmware or software update that let me get 56K
    +1
    I had EarthLink lol
    A bunch of NetZero accounts that I used for things... Lol
    +1
    So glad I'm not in prison lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea marriage is a bitch sometimes...
    I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I legit think they passed the cyber terrorism laws from some of my hmm pranks lol