AKAIO 1.6RC1 - Problems/Debugging Guide

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by CannonFoddr, Mar 14, 2010.

Mar 14, 2010
  1. CannonFoddr
    OP

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    OK - I'm not saying this is the ultimate guide to fixing problems with AKAIO 1.6RC1 (Hopefully as I find out more info I'll add to this post)
    - it's just that I'm seeing the same 'faults' being discussed, & I'm (& I guess so are others are) getting fed up repeating the same things over & over again

Please remember that 1.6RC1 is NOT a final release.....it is a 'Release canidate'.
    This means 1.6RC1 is really a BETA made avaliable to the general public to find 'minor' problems that are bound to exist, so that the developers can get rid of them
    (The BETA version was given to chosen BETA testers to find the 'Major' problems with it)

Also don't forget to read the AKAIO WIKI as many common questions can be answered here

Anyway - here's a few tips that may help

1) You CANNOT use 1.5(.1) 'loaders' with 1.6RC1 installation OR use 1.6RC1 'loaders' with a 1.5(.1) AKAIO installation. This is because the loaders between versions have been 'encrypted' differently
    You can only use the loaders for 1.6RC with 1.6RC and only 1.5(.1) with 1.5(.1) - you can't mix them up

If you happen to update via Wifi within AKAIO 1.6RC1, especially before 12th March - it's possible that you have accidentally updated the loaders to 1.5.1 versions
    (apparently you end up with 2 white screens when trying to run games). It's best to delete the '_aio' folder & reinstall it to repair the damage done

2) Some games have problem if 'Soft reset' and/or 'Cheats' enabled.
    These are enabled by default in 1.6RC1 - so if a game don't run, try turning these off & see if the game now runs
    If problem still exists - then it's a bug & you should follow the 'Debug guidelines' on the AKAIO Forums.
    If you STILL don't have any success then the bug should be reported in the AKAIO forums - just remember to stick to the AKAIO rules of 'Bug reporting'

3) Many people are thinking - "Oh no my acekards a fake !!! That's why it don't run properly"
    Well I've looked through many posts & have tried to come up with a simple guide to determine if you do have a fake or not
    The photos shown on the acekard site is no way the definitive guide to 'Fake or not', as you may've been sold one of the older designed ak2i's (one with a Actel chip & indentation behind the sticker)

If you can start AKAIO, then press [Start] > then 'Help' & you should see a 'HW:' number
    Depending on the number can give a indication to whether it's a 'Fake' or not
    • Acekard 2 = HW:40 or HW:41 = Real
      Acekard 2 which had HW:41 had a manufacturing fault that cause the cards to fail, these were later 'repaired' and released as Acekard 2.1
    • Acekard 2.1 = HW:41 = Real
    • Acekard 2.1 = HW:80 = Real
      Acekard 2.1 user please read this
    • Acekard 2.1 = HW:?? (With a Blue Circuit board) = Real
    • Acekard 2i with Actel chip = HW:44 = Real
    • Acekard 2i with Actel chip = HW:80 = "CLONE"
      further info supplied by Another World:
    • Acekard 2i with 'new chip' = HW:81 = Real

Any OTHER numbers of HW: are considered 'Fakes/Clones'
    UPDATE: Since AKAIO 1.6 been released - if you try running AKAIO on a 'clone' card then one of 2 thing may happen
    Taken from AKAIO Wiki

4) "Oh no it's stuck on the 'Loading...' screen"
    AKAIO 1.6RC1 seems to take a little longer to start up games than previous version - There's been no real explanation why, but it's been suggested that 'it has more to do than before'.
    The loading time seems to vary between games, there's been some quotes of 2-3seconds longer, while other have quoted ~8 seconds.
    Leave it on 'Loading...' for quite a while to see if it actually HAS frozen, or whether it's just taking it's time.
    If it IS frozen then follow the follow the 'Debug guidelines' on the AKAIO Forums before reporting it as a 'Bug'

5) "I've upgraded & it doesn't see my old sav's"
    Make sure your save files are called '*.sav' and not '*.SAV' - for some reason AKAIO 1.6 doesn't recognise '*.SAV' files

6) " My Acekard 2.1 freezes when saving"
    There's been a run of bad Acekard 2.1's recently - so it's possible that this is your problem & not a fault with AKAIO 1.6RC1
    If you've brought it recently - it's best if you contact the company you brought it off of, they may've had a bad batch supplied

Some Homebrew Problems:-

"The Homebrew Soft reset don't work"
    Have you tried both 'IRQ Hook' and 'SWi Hook' ?? - if neither work then there's a good chance that whoever programmed the Homebrew hasn't used one of these methods for their 'reset'. It's nothing AKAIO can do about it

"The program complains about 'There is a loss in the main body of the ARM7/9 code' " (This happens with Moonshell2 with 'Soft Rest' switched on)
    Some Homebrew have "integrity check". It gets the hash of code and compares it with one "calculated previously".
    So if AKAIO modifies code in memory (which it does with the 'Soft Rest' apparently) the integrity check fails & so program comes up with a fault.
    It's not a Bug of AKAIO

So that's it for now. As said IF I find any more tips I'll add them here
    Or
    if someone else has one then post it here & I'll ADD to the first post IF it proves correct

2. Atashi

Member Atashi Out of the Loop

Canada
    Re. Homebrew soft reset, if neither IRQ or SWI options work, it may be that the homebrew was compiled with a version of libnds that is not yet supported.

Normmatt mentioned here that the latest libnds isn't currently supported but will be soon.

Got my fingers crossed that it will be, by the time AKAIO 1.6 is finalized. [​IMG]

-Atashi

3. ninjageekgamer

Newcomer ninjageekgamer Member

Canada
    a batch of bad Acekards? Are you serious?! Please give me more details on this.

I have over 50 Acekards and spent over 1000$.

Anyway.

Please elaborate on this point.

Furthermore, why do old firmwares work fine on the Acekard if its a bad batch?

4. Animale

Newcomer Animale Member

United States
    Sonic Collection and Sonic all Star Racing when I play and When I reset I cant play anymore!!

any sugestion?

5. TwinRetro

Global Moderator TwinRetro Don't start nothin', Won't be nothin'

United States
    Disable soft reset

6. Animale

Newcomer Animale Member

United States

ty alot

7. Animale

Newcomer Animale Member

United States
    is only this ? my ak2i Is Real

8. ninjageekgamer

Canada
    Animale, press Y twice on your rom and find Soft Reset and turn it off.

Anyway i found some old Acekards. firmware 1.5 loads but doesnt save. firmware 1.6 doesnt load games.

I have my life...

9. snico1995

Member snico1995 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    yea same thing with me with the 1.6 not loading games and 1.5 not saving games, i gotta get realhotstuff to replace this shit

10. ninjageekgamer

Canada

I bought about 50 cards from them and they dont work for me either. (See above)

I cant decide if Im pissed at RHDeals or Acekard.

11. kevan

Member kevan Imagination rules the world

Australia
    I got my acekard before the whole "bad batch" issues but mine still won't load games on 1.6rc1

12. CannonFoddr
    OP

United Kingdom
    Well I don't know about which companies have had dodgy batches of acekards - I'm only reporting on what I've read in other forums, such as these on the AKAIO forum

Shaedar wrote:
    aguywithhwid80 wrote:
    akfgfan wrote:
    Found on GBATemp

I'm fortunately have not had any trouble with my acekard 2i - so it seems that it may only be acekard 2.1's that are 'faulty'

13. Wabsta

Member Wabsta you fight like a dairy farmer

Netherlands
    I hate it that I have an acekard from a bad batch...
    I have the exact problems:
    And since I'm moving out atm, I don't have the money to buy another one lol...

14. ninjageekgamer

Canada
    does this go with both Acekard2 and Acekard2i?

15. jak larnak

Member jak larnak GBAtemp Regular

France
    No it seems that AK2i doesn't have that issue.

16. ninjageekgamer

Canada
    I just tried versil 1.4.1 Proper and it seems to load and save. Which is very weird seeing as it didnt save before.

Hmm...

This at least proves that my cards are not fake but why does 1.4.1 work and not 1.6RC1?

17. Hasney

Member Hasney GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    The saving engine changed and the new ones don't work on these faulty cards.

It's the same with the newer official software too (4.11 was the last working version?)

18. bmaster154

Newcomer bmaster154 Advanced Member

Canada
    I have read the first post, but I don't seem to find my problem. I just installed AKAIO v1.6 RC1, and the problem? There are no more words in it. I see the icon of the Micro SD, as well as my folders and the games, but nothing is written beside it. Even worst, the start menu still has options, but is completely empty looking (and I don't remember which option is which). It's an Acekard2i in case that changes anything.

19. CannonFoddr
    OP

United Kingdom
    The reason that problem hasn't appeared in the first post - is that it's the first time anyone mentioned that type of fault/bug before - & since noone mentioned it - noone come up with a solution

IMHO - it actually sounds like you either don't have fonts installed, the skin is corrupt or your text colour has been set to the same colour as the background somehow
    Have you tried the other skin (zelda) to see if THAT doesn't show text ??

20. bmaster154

Newcomer bmaster154 Advanced Member

Canada
    I tried that, but now it doesn't even load up a screen anymore, as soon as I select "Acekard2i", it says "loading", and then it's a black screen... Sounds like I'm screwed now [​IMG]