AKAIO 1.6rc, Homebrew Soft Reset, technical Q

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Atashi, Mar 11, 2010.

Mar 11, 2010
  1. Atashi
    OP

Member Atashi Out of the Loop

Canada
    I'm not really sure where this question would belong... the new AKAIO 1.6rc has homebrew soft reset which is wonderful, but I've found that only some homebrews work with it, while others don't. I'm not talking about big popular projects, just little simple things.

For example, I've tried compiling a handful of the examples that come with DevKitPro / DevKitArm (latest build) and soft reset appears not to work with any of them. I've tried both the IRQ and the SWI hook settings in the AKAIO options menu...

So I'm wondering if either there is something about how devkitpro builds the files, or maybe something in libnds, that makes the resulting binaries incompatible with AKAIO's soft reset?

And if that's the case, is there something that can be fixed, or changed? Or rather, is there something I can fix or change, to ensure that any homebrew I build, will be compatible with the AKAIO hb soft reset?

Thanks & Cheers!

-Atashi

2. CannonFoddr

Member CannonFoddr Regular GBATemp Lurker

United Kingdom
    Perhaps you could PM one of the AKAIO team & they may be able to tell you 'straight from the horses mouth' how AKAIO expects how Homebrew should be prorgrammed to accept soft-reset

3. saxamo

Member saxamo Spaaaaace!

United States
    Can you tell me what is the key combination to reset homebrew? is it L R A B X Y?

4. penthaler

Member penthaler GBAtemp Fan

Czech Republic
    Its the same combination as softreset games -> L+R+A+B+arrow_down

5. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    The latest libnds isn't supported yet I'll add support for it soon.

6. Atashi
    OP

Member Atashi Out of the Loop

Canada
    Awesome! Thanks so much Normatt for all the work you & the AKAIO team put in to this!

-Atashi

7. nissen22

Newcomer nissen22 Member

United States
    I got a strange bug with akaio 1.6rc2 soft-reset [​IMG] When i soft reset the theme changes to standar and the language changes to portugise and to fix it i have to reboot the system and start up acekard again and choose the theme i want and change back to english [​IMG]

8. d3monsting

Member d3monsting GBAtemp Regular

United States
    @nissen22
    I believe this is a known bug... search for more indepth info.... someone said changing the globalsettings.ini (or something like that) to READ ONLY, is a possible solution....?