OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so last night/this morning, I downloaded and placed the new release onto my Acekard. After that, I placed all my games and save files back onto the card along with some new games. No problem there.

The problem came when I tried to play the games. The game loaded up just like normal, until it froze on the green loading screen. I haven't heard much of this problem, so forgive me if this is happening a lot. I bought my Acekard in February, I believe. Acekard 2.1 from realhotstuff (Which is listed as a reseller on the official Acekard website, so I hope it's not a clone or fake). After trying to fix this problem, I decided to just use the official loader which worked fine except for some games that froze (Yugioh 5Ds, for example does not go past the saving screen). I know there are error messages that show up if you do indeed have a clone or fake device, but I have not come across any of them.

So, I ask you, is there any fix for the 1.6 RC2? Should I just go back to 1.5 until there is a final release of 1.6? I've tried everything I can think of. I can keep using the official loader if I need to, but would prefer something that actually lets me play my games.

Here's a quick summary for anyone who doesn't wanna read all that.

Acekard 2.1 on DS Lite
AKAIO 1.6 RC2
Freezes on green loading screen

Thank you in advance and I appreciate any feedback whatsoever.

Agent Orange

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I really hope there is. I'm lucky I don't have anything important to play right now (Just finished the one DS game I was actively waiting for) or I would probably be so angry.

Agent Orange

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I see, so it's happening to a lot of people. Hopefully this is all fixed in the final 1.6 release. And I hope mine isn't a bad batch, that would stink. :/

Agent Orange

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Especially since I haven't even had it for a month. I mean, I got my R4 from RHS and it worked beautifully until it started crapping out on me near the end of January.

Oh well. I guess I just must be patient, eh?

acs236

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone confirm that going back to 1.5.1 fixes the problem? I just got a Acecard and haven't used anything but 1.6 RC1.

Agent Orange

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
acs236 said:
Can someone confirm that going back to 1.5.1 fixes the problem? I just got a Acecard and haven't used anything but 1.6 RC1.

I would assume that it does, since I had no problem with 1.5 at all. The problems started with the 1.6 RC2

D

Deleted User

I already said in a similar thread about the bad batch ak2's, that norm has been working on it and these bad batch ak2's will be working in the next release.
happy.gif
(also posted a low-quality vid of the rainbow "loading" message which will only be shown on these bad batch ak2's
happy.gif
)

edit: was in this thread

Agent Orange

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
alcaholjunkie said:
I already said in a similar thread about the bad batch ak2's, that norm has been working on it and these bad batch ak2's will be working in the next release.
happy.gif
(also posted a low-quality vid of the rainbow "loading" message which will only be shown on these bad batch ak2's
happy.gif
)

edit: was in this thread

Oh wow, I completely missed that! Thanks very much, man! I was worried I would have to buy a new card, which would be a pain since I've been spending so much money left and right over the past couple weeks. :/

I appreciate that. Thanks a bunch, you saved me some worry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.