AKAIO 1.6 RC2 Freezing problem

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Agent Orange, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Agent Orange
    OP

Agent Orange Member

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2010
    United States
    Alright, so last night/this morning, I downloaded and placed the new release onto my Acekard. After that, I placed all my games and save files back onto the card along with some new games. No problem there.

The problem came when I tried to play the games. The game loaded up just like normal, until it froze on the green loading screen. I haven't heard much of this problem, so forgive me if this is happening a lot. I bought my Acekard in February, I believe. Acekard 2.1 from realhotstuff (Which is listed as a reseller on the official Acekard website, so I hope it's not a clone or fake). After trying to fix this problem, I decided to just use the official loader which worked fine except for some games that froze (Yugioh 5Ds, for example does not go past the saving screen). I know there are error messages that show up if you do indeed have a clone or fake device, but I have not come across any of them.

So, I ask you, is there any fix for the 1.6 RC2? Should I just go back to 1.5 until there is a final release of 1.6? I've tried everything I can think of. I can keep using the official loader if I need to, but would prefer something that actually lets me play my games.

Here's a quick summary for anyone who doesn't wanna read all that.

Acekard 2.1 on DS Lite
    AKAIO 1.6 RC2
    Freezes on green loading screen

Thank you in advance and I appreciate any feedback whatsoever.

2. Pliskron

Pliskron Banned

Banned
    Jul 22, 2009
    United States
    there might be a fix some day.

3. Agent Orange
    OP

Agent Orange Member

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2010
    United States
    I really hope there is. I'm lucky I don't have anything important to play right now (Just finished the one DS game I was actively waiting for) or I would probably be so angry.

4. Hell_AleX

Hell_AleX GBAtemp Regular

Jan 3, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    i got the same problem... have a look at my thread ak2 freeze

5. Agent Orange
    OP

Agent Orange Member

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2010
    United States
    I see, so it's happening to a lot of people. Hopefully this is all fixed in the final 1.6 release. And I hope mine isn't a bad batch, that would stink. :/

6. Hell_AleX

Jan 3, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    oh hell yeah.. that would realy suck..

7. Agent Orange
    OP

Agent Orange Member

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2010
    United States
    Especially since I haven't even had it for a month. I mean, I got my R4 from RHS and it worked beautifully until it started crapping out on me near the end of January.

Oh well. I guess I just must be patient, eh?

8. acs236

acs236 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 16, 2009
    United States
    Can someone confirm that going back to 1.5.1 fixes the problem? I just got a Acecard and haven't used anything but 1.6 RC1.

9. Agent Orange
    OP

Agent Orange Member

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2010
    United States
    I would assume that it does, since I had no problem with 1.5 at all. The problems started with the 1.6 RC2

10. Hell_AleX

Jan 3, 2009
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    1.5.1 works fine too

11. XFelixX

XFelixX Member

Newcomer
    Jan 29, 2010
    United States
    USA
    there's nothing so far that fixes the problem.
    you have a bad batch ak2.1.

12. Agent Orange
    OP

Agent Orange Member

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2010
    United States
    Well, will there eventually be a fix do you think? I sure hope there will be.

13. alcaholjunkie

alcaholjunkie GBAtemp Regular

Jan 13, 2007
    England
    I already said in a similar thread about the bad batch ak2's, that norm has been working on it and these bad batch ak2's will be working in the next release. [​IMG] (also posted a low-quality vid of the rainbow "loading" message which will only be shown on these bad batch ak2's [​IMG] )

edit: was in this thread

14. Agent Orange
    OP

Agent Orange Member

Newcomer
    Mar 28, 2010
    United States
    Oh wow, I completely missed that! Thanks very much, man! I was worried I would have to buy a new card, which would be a pain since I've been spending so much money left and right over the past couple weeks. :/

I appreciate that. Thanks a bunch, you saved me some worry.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice