Hacking AKAIO 1.5 text viewer

stealthfire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I've just changed to AKAIO 1.5, it works with no problems on my Acekard 2.
However, I don't really like the text viewer on the AKAIO 1.5 and I prefer the old text viewer plugin on the previous versions.
The main reasons are because it takes MUCH longer to load long text files (the current text viewer apparently tries to load the entire text file while the older page by page text viewer load only by the pages, thus the initial loading time is faster) and also because it's not full/dual screen and I can't read it like the book.

So, I'm wondering if it's possible to change the plugin on the AKAIO text viewer? If it's not possible, then is there a homebrew version of the text viewer or something similar?

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
sonicwii24 said:
Try Moonshell 2.05, it's the best homebrew application for viewing text files and other things.
Plugin does NOT equal homebrew app. Please learn to read.

VampireLordAlucard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tried it yet, but can't you take the plugin that come with the old version and just use it instead of the one with the new version..?

stealthfire said:
If it's not possible, then is there a homebrew version of the text viewer or something similar?

ShatteredScreens said:
QUOTE(sonicwii24 @ Sep 27 2009, 09:31 PM) Try Moonshell 2.05, it's the best homebrew application for viewing text files and other things.
Plugin does NOT equal homebrew app. Please learn to read.

*sigh*

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
akaio 1.5 does not have text plugin. it has native txt support which is used for some of the spin boxes, i think in the wifi download. from what i remember, smiths allowed it to open any txt file. it won't render all characters correctly but it will read a .txt file.

-another world

stealthfire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I've tried moving the plugin from the old version, but it doesn't work.

So, I'm assuming that there's really no way to put a plugin into the AKAIO 1.5 then?

free spirit

Trophies
XP
Country
Tried the standalone reader on a file that worked on the original internal plugin version, and the stand alone seems to freeze up. I think it has something to do with size of the in the standalone version as a smaller file does not have these issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/T78NsMwZOA0