Hacking AKAIO 1.4.1 PROPER Released

Kierek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Disco said:
Soft reset doesn't work with latest loader on my acekard2i withi akaio1.4.1. I tried older loader nad reset works just fine. Does anybody have this problem too?

I have the same problem :/ When I try to do soft-reset, my DS freeze with white screens.

florian

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Kierek said:
Disco said:
Soft reset doesn't work with latest loader on my acekard2i withi akaio1.4.1. I tried older loader nad reset works just fine. Does anybody have this problem too?

I have the same problem :/ When I try to do soft-reset, my DS freeze with white screens.

i hope also the Soft reset is fixed on the future release
smile.gif

Posts merged

Kierek said:
QUOTE(Disco @ Jun 7 2009, 12:01 PM)

i hope also the Soft reset is fixed on the future release
smile.gif

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Disco said:

It's a known issue. Use the May 30th loader instead: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=6106

No point in using the June loader unless you play Animal Crossing.

Lord Grievous

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I just got my Acekard 2.1 with 4GB Kingston SDHC card in the mail today and it works really well, but I'm having some problems with jEnesisDS and SNEmulDS.

First I tried out the latest official 4.17 firmware and I could run jEnesisDS 0.7.4 and SNEmulDS 0.6a with no problems (my previous DS-X could only run 0.7 of jEnesisDS) and the sound improvements were quite noticeable compared to the 0.7 version. Then I did a clean install with AKAIO 1.4.1 proper and so far everything works, but now both jEnesisDS 0.7.4 and SNEmulDS 0.6a stutter almost every 5s !!

These are the exact same versions of the emulators and the same roms and the same settings that ran fine under the official firmware, but now under AKAIO they have this terrible stutter which makes the games unplayable.

I read somewhere that this proper repack has a custom dldi which might cause some homebrew to have problems, could this be the case? If so, I could only find an official dldi for the Acekard+ is this also for the Acekard 2 series?

Thanks on advance.

EDIT: Could someone please explain to me what these loaders are, and what they're for?

logical thinker

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Lord Grievous said:
I read somewhere that this proper repack has a custom dldi which might cause some homebrew to have problems, could this be the case? If so, I could only find an official dldi for the Acekard+ is this also for the Acekard 2 series?
The answer is in the previous page...

QUOTE(Lord Grievous @ Jun 10 2009, 04:12 PM) EDIT: Could someone please explain to me what these loaders are, and what they're for?
Answer in the AKAIO wiki...

Lord Grievous

Trophies
XP
Country
Yes I've read the AKAIO thing before but it doesn't make sense, why would I need a loader since I can just copy & paste the roms onto the sdhc card and play them?
QUOTE said:
The official AK2 loaders can be used from within AKAIO to load retail ROM dumps on the Acekard 2 and 2.1.
Why would anyone still be using these loader since you can just run the roms from within AKAIO directly without the need for an intermediate programme.

Sorry about the dldi thing, I've fixed it already.

zero383

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lord Grievous said:
Yes I've read the AKAIO thing before but it doesn't make sense, why would I need a loader since I can just copy & paste the roms onto the sdhc card and play them?

AKAIO and loaders work together. One won't work without the other. AKAIO is the firmware while the loader is a data file that tells it how to load the games.

shattering

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Indonesia
Didn't I just ask about the DLDI and homebrew in the previous page?

Loaders are what used to load the game. The loader does all the work for you when you play the game from SDHC.

xrM

Trophies
XP
Country
The latest loader for the AK2 (http://akaio.gbatemp.net/loaders/) doesn't seem to be able to soft reset. I get a white screen everytime.

Edit: Just read the previous page, known problem.
smile.gif

Deezers

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've just purchased an AceKard for AKAIO
smile.gif

Great works guys! Excellent function is update cheat database via wifi, very handy and easy
smile.gif

Keep up the good work, i love it!
wacko.gif

CoconutCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only thing I'd really like to see added to AKAIO is saving the place in the game list.

So for example, if I just ran "Fire Emblem" when I soft reset the menu would come up at "Fire Emblem" instead of the top of the list everytime.

Smiths

AKAIO Person of Interest TAGS ARE THE BEST
Developer
Trophies
Website
www.gamergeddon.com
XP
Country
United States
CoconutCake said:
The only thing I'd really like to see added to AKAIO is saving the place in the game list.

So for example, if I just ran "Fire Emblem" when I soft reset the menu would come up at "Fire Emblem" instead of the top of the list everytime.

but what if you add a game or deleted a game inbetween running?

we'd be storing the integer of the game in the list... and you've changed that.

or we could scan for the game in the directory of the microSD you ran it from.... which will take time and cause annoyance.

nice idea, nuh gunna happa

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i have to add...

if your using soft-reset it means your done with that game. why the hell would you want it to start listing at the game you just finished playing? i want it to start at the top so that i can pick a different game, otherwise why would i be soft-reseting?

-another world

[M]artin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
i have to add...

if your using soft-reset it means your done with that game. why the hell would you want it to start listing at the game you just finished playing? i want it to start at the top so that i can pick a different game, otherwise why would i be soft-reseting?

-another world
The only reason I can think of (and this has happened to me personally a few times) is that you mess up royally while in-game. If you go back to the main menu or attempt to exit the current predicament in-game, the game may save your progress. So what the user will want to do is shut off the DS and jump back into the same game as quickly as possible prior to the screw-up.

yeahitschris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[M said:
artin]
Another World said:
i have to add...

-another world
The only reason I can think of (and this has happened to me personally a few times) is that you mess up royally while in-game. If you go back to the main menu or attempt to exit the current predicament in-game, the game may save your progress. So what the user will want to do is shut off the DS and jump back into the same game as quickly as possible prior to the screw-up.

or forgot to add a cheat
tongue.gif

yeahitschris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another World said:
i guess i'm in the minority. i don't cheat or softreset when a game is too hard. i'm old school like that. my atari 2600 was hard core! contra on 3 lives! etc!

-another world

i only use cheats sometimes. not all the time
smile.gif
normally after i beat the game once and wanna try to unlock everythin'. to get secret ending an etc'.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1