Hacking ak2i update problems

darthik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, my card behaves strange, i try to describe it below.

My setup DS lite, DSi (1.3e) + AK2i + 4gb kingston sdhc.

Firstly i formatted with panasonic formater my sd card, put akaio 1.6 rc2 there and my DSi prints error - "An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off..." then i put in in DS lite and there booted normally. Then tried official acekart fw, still same DS lite boots, DSi not. Then i tried update AK2i firmware for 1.4 DSi on DS lite and then AK2i booted in DSi finally. I cant get it why, if i have 1.3e still. Nothing found on the internet also.

Then i have one problem with akaio - frequently it resets to "default" setting after i softreset whatever rom. Include skin change, language, view settings.. I cant find nothing about this around web. I tried formatting my sd again and again, still same.

Do you think these two strange things can have same reason? May i update DSi fw to 1.4 if i have updated AK2i also? What can do these strange errors? I think i have tried everything
smile.gif

thank for comments.

gary2010

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i got my acekard 2i it worked on my dsl but wouldnt work on my dsi, so i needed to download akaiow_update_dsl file and put the file in the root of the sd card and run the update file on the ds lite. you could try updateing to 1.4 that is what my dsi is on. if you cant get it to work by doing the updates it might be a contact issue because my ak2i wont work on my dsi xl it just flashes the danny phantom logo

darthik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So i upgraded my DSi to 1.4, but problem with "akaio settings get reset to default after rom softreset" lasts.

Do you have some ideas?

jak larnak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Try to format with SDformater one more time (Full format, erase off, size adjustement off) then install a fresh copy of AKAIO 1.6 rc2 dowloaded from here (AKAIO official forum).
I don't have any issue after doing it.

darthik

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have figured out what causes "default akaio settings after rom softreset" problem. It was some incompatibility between akaio and micro sdhc 4gb kingston flash which works in ds lite under dstt flawlessly now.

Can this help developers of akaio or im one with this problem?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1