AK2 Spring Mechanism

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by flimbo, Apr 28, 2009.

1. flimbo
    OP

flimbo Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2008
    My AK2 spring mechanism broken it doesnt hold micro sd card, it just pop out. Help. [​IMG]

2. Noobix

Noobix GBAtemp Fan

Sep 25, 2003
    1. Use tape to hold it in.

OR

2. Return to whoever you got it from for a replacement.

If it's out of warranty then you can have some fun opening up the card and trying to fix it yourself, probably by removing the spring, suggest you do a forum search for "broken spring" !

Good luck.

3. Tokiopop

Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

Apr 14, 2009
    UK
    The first time I used mine, it didn't work. The second time, I pushed the micro SD card as far down as possible, and from then on it has worked fine.

4. flimbo
    OP

flimbo Member

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2008
    Thanks for the answers, already fixed it [​IMG] Removed freaking spring [​IMG]

5. nickram

nickram Newbie

Newcomer
    May 6, 2009
    How the hell did you remove the spring?
    Got the same problem, Cheers

6. Another World

Another World Emulate the Planet!

Former Staff
    Jan 3, 2008
    Colombia
    From Where???
    this solution is not without risk. the spring loaded slots are not designed to "grip" the msd. thus the msd may float a bit in the slot. if on boot up the msd is not making correct contact you could blow a fuse on the nds mobo. the msd draws power so you need to make sure it's in there.

since the acekard has a 1yr warranty, i would simply send it back for a replacement. those slots are only rated for 200 insertions. tho, i've had well over 1,000 with all of my testing, listing, and beta-ing.

-another world