AK2 .sav

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by DemonDSi, Mar 23, 2009.

Mar 23, 2009

AK2 .sav by DemonDSi at 7:04 PM (680 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. DemonDSi
    OP

Newcomer DemonDSi Member

United Kingdom
    Ok iv read some were you can change the sav files etc, iv transfered all my .sav's from my R4. think iv changed the card to accept .sav but when ever i go to play the sav the AK2 make a new sav file and loads from there, at mo i just renamed all my saves nds.sav but would like them just .sav!

any info would be great.

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I believe the R4 uses the same save file format as the AK2, so you should only need to rename them.

By default, the saves should be named "filename.nds.sav" where "filename" is EXACTLY the same as the filename of the .nds file.

There is an option in the newest official menu, and also in AKAIO, to allow you to name it just "filename.sav" instead (which should be the same as the R4 assuming the name of the .nds file matches it).

-Bri

3. DemonDSi
    OP

Newcomer DemonDSi Member

United Kingdom
    iv found a seting were you can change the file types from NDS.Sav NDS. etc which do i use for just .sav? and once iv clicked iyt will it update all my saves or do i have to retype.sav at the end of all of them, and new save will automaticly be .sav? thanks

4. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    akaio by default will use the .sav extension. the old versions of the official firmware used .nds.sav. they recently updated to use .sav and reserved .nds.sav for save slots. if your r4 saves are .sav then just intall akaio and it will work. the saves are the same format.

-another world