OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
How do I go about soft resetting the AK2 so that I can use Rudolph's loader to boot my RAM for the DS Web Browser?

The readme mentions using akmenu4.nds for the R.P.G. When I downloaded Rudolphs v.56 build this file is not included, I'm not sure then if this is an R.P.G. specific file or if this will work on the AK2?

If it does work on the AK2 would someone be so kind as to link to it?

Cheers,
-Another World

Kellicros

Trophies
XP
Country
akmenu4.nds is the main firmware/loader file for RPG and AK2, as far as I know.
That said, if you have a working AK2, it should be on you microsd root, or you can download the firmware from GBAtemp or Acekard site.
Also, try bliss' custom firmware, it should support GBA and browser RAM directly and the exploader is not needed.

Here's bliss' custom firmware: http://www.acekard.com/bbs/viewthread.php?...%3D2&page=1

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rudolph's GBA ExpLoader already soft resets for me with the AK2 (when I patch the expansion RAM, it goes back to the AK2 menu). Are you sure you have the latest version?

If it doesn't, I believe you can turn off your DS with the switch and then immediately turn it back on, and your GBA expansion should remain patched.

If you have a eWin 2in1 or EZ 3in1 GBA expansion pack, there are patches for the browser that will allow it to work without using Rudolph's GBA ExpLoader.

-Bri

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
hm my apologies for not stating this in my first post but i am just asking. as of now i have not purchased an ak2 but i am very close to doing so. i just wanted to do all of the research before i grab one.

thank you for the info.

-another world

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
edit: already posted
wacko.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Another World,

Oh, I thought you were having trouble getting it working. In that case, to summarize: GBA ExpLoader doesn't require anything special to soft reset for the AK2 (it just uses the firmware that is already there). The Bliss menu loads the browser directly and doesn't require the GBA ExpLoader at all. Finally, you can patch the browser so that it doesn't require any loader even with the official AK2 menu.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-