Gaming AJAX chatroom help!

Whooosh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I recently ceated a website with webs. Playpad its a music/gaming website.
Most of its members will come from ppl i met on dsi sites. Because of this im adding a AJAX coded 'dsi compatable' s chatroom
like those found on dsicade and dsipaint.

Because im using the webs site manager this has become quet difficult to install. I found one that looks nice an im thinking of modifying it to fit the dsi screen.
its open source an you can find it HERE. If that one doesnt work or look right i will use THIS ONE.. But i cant get them working so i dont kno.

So any help on installing them would be appreciated. An even better if you have a better simple dsiopera browser compatible script i could use. Also help on coding these to the dsi screens would be VERY much appreciated.

[NOTE: my site currently has little or no members as i made it a few hours ago an havnt told anyone about it yet]

playallday

Group: GBAtemp Ghost
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Make a IRC channel.
wink.gif

D

Deleted_171835

You're using Webs? Eww. It sucks.
If you have to use Webs, at least purchase a domain. It doesn't cost that much and it makes your site seem more professional. I advise you fix the grammatical/spelling errors on your site. That will detract some viewers from joining your site.

D

Deleted User

I think there is an error with the confirmation link email, i registed and did not recive an email. I also sent you a P.M.

Whooosh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SoulSnatcher said:
You're using Webs? Eww. It sucks.
If you have to use Webs, at least purchase a domain. It doesn't cost that much and it makes your site seem more professional. I advise you fix the grammatical/spelling errors on your site. That will detract some viewers from joining your site.
i will fix the errors ASAP

Ireland1I think there is an error with the confirmation link email, i registed and did not recive an email. I also sent you a P.M.
i will see if i can fix it this minute

Whooosh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes i am making a dsi version of the site on .co.cc later [EDIT: i cheked out freebeehosting like antoligy said and it looks great so i might go with that instead of .co.cc]

but help with the AJAX is appreciated.

Whooosh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Arctic said:
Go code your own site.

Most of the time using all this free shit looks like crap.

I kno, and thats why im coding the dsi size version from scratch and not using shitty webs. But i am for a fact 1/2 if not a 1/3 of the age of most ppl on this site. So i havnt learned AJAX yet.

Snorlax

POSTMODERNISM
Trophies
Website
postmodjoel.com
XP
Country
Whooosh said:
Arctic said:
Go code your own site.

I kno, and thats why im coding the dsi size version from scratch and not using shitty webs. But i am for a fact 1/2 if not a 1/3 of the age of most ppl on this site. So i havnt learned AJAX yet.
With what I've gathered from your general vibe, I'm recommending that you should just stick with template based host until you learn some proper web-designing languages and skills.
HTML, Javascript and PHP are all languages that can be picked up with simple practice, and they're the basis for more advanced languages.
Try NVU. It's simple, efficient and free. :]

You could also trial/purchase/pirate Adobe's Flash and try designing a website with that. Actionscript is useful for introducing concepts like Object Oriented Programming anyway.

Whooosh

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Snorlax said:
Whooosh said:
Arctic said:
Go code your own site.

With what I've gathered from your general vibe, I'm recommending that you should just stick with template based host until you learn some proper web-designing languages and skills.
HTML, Javascript and PHP are all languages that can be picked up with simple practice, and they're the basis for more advanced languages.
Try NVU. It's simple, efficient and free. :]

You could also trial/purchase/pirate Adobe's Flash and try designing a website with that. Actionscript is useful for introducing concepts like Object Oriented Programming anyway.

Thank you for all the info.

I have decided to take some time to learn more webite development skills before i start my site. Then when im ready il create a quality site from scratch.

It took me less than an hour to learn html/xhtml off by heart from w3schools so i will make an effort to learn what i can before i start. mysql and Ajax are what i am most unfamilier with. Also i will learn php as well as i know html. I know realise my 1st major mistake was webs >,< its quick easy and pure crap so a few days ago i changed to freebeehosting. I will let you all know when im finished with my site.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: