1. melongun

melongun Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    Hm ... time is 1-1-2013/00:00, then exploit, then crash and time is 1-1-1970/05:30 again. At least changing the cmos battery seems to have changed something. Only 'seems', because removing the cmos battery could have set the time in fact to 1-1-2013/00:00 which may be some 'initial hardware value'. Anyway, every new information can be helpful. So let's recap. Suddenly changing the battery sets system time to a new value. Then some exploit is run and the system is at 1-1-1970/05:30 again. And what's interesting about this:
    The time. 05:30 ... that's timezone India. You said you are connected to the internet? If there's no hard valued timezone information on the ps4 (where i guess it's not), some process is in fact trying to connect to some timeserver to set the time. I think you mentioned this already in some statement before. This request replies with an answer, where the content may be in some way of "Timezone: India, Delta: +5:30, Current Time: 0". Your system therefore gets this invalid time value 0 and the system clock is then set to 1-1-1970. So you get the fatal.

Did you try to perform an exploit in a fully local network, with every possible request leaving your ps4 to the 'outside' world blocked? For this you have to setup your own exploit host of course. Don't worry. It's really easy, KiiWiis instruction explains this very good.

@KiiWii Your instruction contains a list of servers which should be blocked on the router. What's the source of this list? Can it be possible (besides being incomplete) this list of servers which the ps4 is trying to connect to, is growing dynamically?

Last edited by melongun, Nov 26, 2020
    vivekanand likes this.
  2. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    You can check servers with a proxy

vivekanand and KiiWii like this.
  3. melongun

melongun Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    @godreborn Heck. Forget about that. Well, one reason why my ps4 stays offline the whole time, except i want connect to it.

vivekanand likes this.
  4. KiiWii

OP KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    @melongun could be with each firmware update, however it’s unlikely. This list came from AlAzif IIRC, same ones blocked by the DNS.

As @godreborn said you can check with a proxy.

5. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I found a partial list somewhere, but I also added to it using cc proxy. it will error if you try to sign in to psn or even update using the online updater. the only catch is you've gotta connect your ps4 to the computer via proxy, so the computer must be up and running for you to connect to the internet. I recommend it if you're going to be online at all times.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

ccproxy will display blocked connections in red from what I remember, so any written with black text and a white background should be blocked or added to the forbidden list.

vivekanand likes this.
  6. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    btw, you turn the internet off in network settings after you've cached the exploits. this will prevent any accidents or should anyway. or you can use a wifi dongle like the sandisk connect to self-host. it's not like the esp where exploits have to be flashed, so it can use self-hosting files as is. however, it's more expensive. then, you can just leave the internet on. if it doesn't detect the sandisk connect, it will say unable to connect to network, but that doesn't matter when the exploits are cached. remember: do not plug in the sandisk connect when using it. it won't open wireless if it's plugged in. plugging it in is only for charging or adding exploits to the drive. you can even connect your pc to the wifi dongle to ftp between the system and the computer without connecting to the internet. there are several ways to avoid sony, but afaik, the dns is pretty safe aside from maybe two or three sites.

vivekanand likes this.
  7. vivekanand

vivekanand Member
    Newcomer

India
    hello there everyone. should i update my system to 7.02. i dont know if that would be a good idea. considering that this firmware is not yet fully exploited. i have tried everything for the system to work but only to my disappointment of not playing even my cd games. will updating help me atleast for that?

8. Leeful

Leeful GBAtemp Member
    Developer

United Kingdom
    I would not update to 7.02. At least hold off for a couple of hours before doing anything drastic.
    I'm currenyly working on a kernel-clock payload for 6.72 to set the internal kernel clock time to the current date and time.
    This might fix your issues.
    I need to do some tests first but I'll upoad a paylod here when I have it tested and working.

Last edited by Leeful, Nov 27, 2020
    0bRex, RY0M43CH1Z3N, susi91 and 6 others like this.
  9. Giga Knight

Giga Knight Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Is it just me, or am I the only one experiencing refusals by the PS4 to accept connections from any payload injector I try? I've searched online much for this, and there are no pertinent results. Can anyone help me with this problem?

BTW, I'm using the injector linked here whenever the injectors in the various exploit programs I attempt to use fail to connect or inject their payloads.

The above applies to:
    PS4 Cheater
    Save Mounter
    PS4-AIO

Last edited by Giga Knight, Nov 27, 2020
  10. Leeful

Leeful GBAtemp Member
    Developer

United Kingdom
    @Giga Knight
    Try Netcat GUI enter the IP of your PS4 and set the port 9021. and make sure it is not blocked by your firewall.

Which exploit host are you using?
    Are your PS4 and PC on the same network?
    Do you have 'Connect to the internet' turned on?
    Can you connect to your PS4 using FTP?

susi91 and KiiWii like this.
  11. Giga Knight

Giga Knight Member
    Newcomer

United States
    @Leeful I'm using yours--the one at leeful.github.io/v10.
    My PS4 is on the same network as my PC.
    My PS4 is indeed connected to the Internet.
    My PC can connect to my PS4 via FTP, just tested.

I just tried NetCat, and its attempt was also refused. PS4 crashed after leaving the browser, so I'll try again.

EDIT: Failure.

12. vivekanand

vivekanand Member
    Newcomer

India
    @Leeful
    just before i had wrote my previous post i had tried the following:
    started my ps4 and it rebuilt the database saying the ps4 was not shutdown properly last time.
    after start i checked my date and timing. it said 1-1-2013 00:00 hrs. reset the date and timing manually.
    i went to settings=>initialise system=>restored default settings.
    set my network settings and set up the al azif dns servers.
    went to the al azif ps4 6.72 page and cached all.
    disconnected the system from internet.
    went ahead to load mira.
    screen went blank but the system was still on. after about 30 seconds showed the ps4 homescreen.
    went to settings to check if debug settings were in there. negative.
    went to the al azif exploit page via the ps4 manual browser. page froze and the system crashed.
    havent started it since then.

13. KiiWii

OP KiiWii Reporter
    Reviewer

United Kingdom
    I think the debug settings are broken in AlAzifs host rn.

vivekanand likes this.
  14. Leeful

Leeful GBAtemp Member
    Developer

United Kingdom
    mira is very unstable. The blackscreen and then returning to the home screen is normal for the latest version of mira but as you noticed, debug settings are missing from that build so it cant be used properly anyway.

Regarding the kernel clock payload. It didnt work and now I've semi-messed up my PS4 too.:sad:

I could always check the internal kernel clock time and date by using HEN2.1.3b or ToDEX and earning a new trophy.
    (the time and date on the trophy taken from the kernel clock) but now the date and time is blank on the new trophy when I use HEN2.1.3b and if I use ToDEX the games wont start and I get the ce-32875-5 error.

It's not as bad as your situation because I can still run games with the regular HEN2.1.3.

Either the 6.72 offests are wrong in AlAzifs Kernel clock payload or changing the kernel clock works in a different way than it did on 5.05.

I knew I was taking a big risk messing with the kernel clock on 6.72 because it cant be fixed by rebooting, initialising or reinstalling recovery firmware but I had to give it a go. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.:)

Last edited by Leeful, Nov 27, 2020
    susi91, godreborn, KiiWii and 2 others like this.
  15. vivekanand

vivekanand Member
    Newcomer

India
    for me even the v10 page aint working anymore. i open the browser and go to load exploit+hen v2.1.3 and the page is stuck on the loading payload please wait. the pass and fail counters also dont change. the i returned back to homescreen and tried loading again via v10 and this time the system crashed.
    will changing the mother board of the system solve the problem? i had seen people changing their mother board here in india just so that they can get the 5.05 exploit to work on the system.

16. melongun

melongun Member
    Newcomer

Germany
    @Leeful My suspicion about this hardware clock doesn't seem only to be a lucky guess ... it's rather a big issue. I don't think the clock itself did change how it works. I suspect SONY is using NTP for the communication. Isn't the system sort of BSD afaik? Maybe OpenNTPD is used and it has been updated. Thus the communication contents are erroneous parsed leading to a zero time reset.

vivekanand likes this.
  17. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Legend

United States
    I wouldn't worry too much just yet. there's gotta be a way to fix that. there is for the 3ds at least via godmode. changing the home time doesn't affect rtc on that system, but the new guide suggests syncing them up (which I did). I'm assuming that because of this there's a way to fix that time on the ps4 as well.

18. susi91

susi91 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Even some (every day online) PS4 on the latest fw had this bug.. back then as 7.55 was the latest.

Thank you :)
    If you had to guess, what part of your procedere fixed it?
    And if the sflash, syscon and the hdd is back to 6.72 state, what else is still updated?

19. Giga Knight

Giga Knight Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Any ideas on my issue, anyone?

Hologram likes this.
  20. Hologram

Hologram GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Some payloads do this on 6.72. I load Hen 2.13 I believe and that']s it and have no issues.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Exploit, [AIO], Guide