Hardware AGS-001 "light panel" in LCD - how to fix/replace?

delt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone, new user here :D i live in Montréal, Canada.

I've been searching around the web for some time without success trying to find how to fix this.

...so, this situation started when i made a small scratch on the protective "lens" (clear plastic, the one with the logo) and when removing it, i left a fingerprint on the layer underneath with really thin horizontal grooves - the one that's in a metallic reflective edge at the bottom, and sits right on top of the actual LCD. Trying to remove and clean it made it even worse, and now it's a complete disaster!!! :( :( I now have dark areas on the screen when the frontlight is on, and all kinds of hideous irregularities, scratches and so on.....

Is it possible to clean this and get it back to normal, and if so how? If not - say the plastic's shape has been damaged - what's the best way to replace it without having to buy a whole other game boy? Or, (this might be a long shot, but...) is there some other material or other source of the same/similar material i can obtain that will do the trick?

Thanks for any help,

- delt.

delt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
At first, not really thinking much of it, i just tried some water and ordinary not-too-abrasive cloth. BAD IDEA... :/ Then i let it sit a few hours in hot water with dish soap, which didn't help at all. Finally, i tried window cleaning liquid applied with a q-tip - this managed to improve it, but not much.

It looks like some of those fingerprints are "melted" into the plastic :( :( :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Playing the Judge Dredd arcade game prototype lol I can see why they didn't finish it but at the...