Ahmedespo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
PXL_20230411_145646629.jpg
After installing Instinct NX v6 my oled won't turn on giving me just a black screen. I removed all the wires and the mod chip it gives me a white screen with longtudinal black line moving from left to right .

Ahmedespo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
I double checked there is no bridged connections . And used dat0 adapter without reflowing . I didn't touch namd/eemc chip .

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
"And used dat0 adapter without reflowing"

You didn't heat the chip at all? You just stuck the DAT0 against it and hoped for the best?

• Haha
Reactions: impeeza

Ahmedespo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
16812334053564409970359551668756.jpg
1681233459951485563177472618869.jpg
1681233502066499655130065208008.jpg
16812335776888320455070587944738.jpg

Post automatically merged:

You didn't heat the chip at all? You just stuck the DAT0 against it and hoped for the best?
I stuck the dat0 and soldered the anchor points to the frame then measured the value and gave me 0.771

nubman33

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: Ahmedespo

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
yeah you're suppose to make it flow then put in the ankor, make sure it sits then solder down the points.

I'm not sure what dat0 does, so I can't say if it killed the Switch or not.

Johnny_debt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had dat0 adapters that came loose, or came into contact with two BGA points below before (diode readings confirm value over 1) and it didn't do that to the screen. I would just first check that your OLED screen ribbon cable is seated correctly in to the fpc connector and that the fpc connector does not have any bent pins.

Ahmedespo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Thanks all for your support

I've had dat0 adapters that came loose, or came into contact with two BGA points below before (diode readings confirm value over 1) and it didn't do that to the screen. I would just first check that your OLED screen ribbon cable is seated correctly in to the fpc connector and that the fpc connector does not have any bent pins.
What is fpc connector

izy

Advanced Tech Pleb
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks all for your support

What is fpc connector
the connector for the lcd
basically check if any pins are bent in it

its a very fragile connector

also as long as you secure dat0 correctly , solder mask helps its secure enough, sure you can reflow it to dat0 but that brings about some bigger risks in itself and at that point you may aswell reball nand and run a wire.

hell the dat0 connector was literally originally designed to just touch it and just be anchored , i would know sense i was the guy who tested if flex cables could fit under the nand flash for the guy before he made the original mockups that china copied

Last edited by izy,

Ahmedespo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt

also as long as you secure dat0 correctly , solder mask helps its secure enough, sure you can reflow it to dat0 but that brings about some bigger risks in itself and at that point you may aswell reball nand and run a wire.

hell the dat0 connector was literally originally designed to just touch it and just be anchored , i would know sense i was the guy who tested if flex cables could fit under the nand flash for the guy before he made the original mockups that china copied
I think if the ribbon cable or the connector causing the problem if I docked it will work normally . I docked mine the led light on the dock flashes rapidly once then nothing.

I think if the ribbon cable or the connector causing the problem if I docked it will work normally . I docked mine the led light on the dock flashes rapidly once then nothing.
And according to dat0 I am pretty sure that I secured it very well with solder mask and it gave me the correct reading . Afterwards I opened it it ran into the official firmware not NX . Then I cleaned the board with dry PCB cleaner then rechecked the joints with my iron . Then when I turned it on once again it gave me the black screen . I removed everything and tried again it gave me the pics I showed you . I docked it to make sure that the problem is not with my ribbon or the connector and the same error

Thank you very much . Your help is appreciated.

Last edited by Ahmedespo,
Reactions: impeeza

l7777

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

doing the dat0 that way could have shorted out your nand chip. its supposed to be reflowed/soldered to the nand chip
Why is everyone surprised by this? The initial OLED mods all used this method. Slide the adapter under the chip, anchor it in place and run it. Mine is still working in exactly this manner over a year later as I'm sure many others are. Sure there are risks, there are also risks of attempting to reflow or reball. In either case, I don't believe that is the OP's problem. I'd look closely at the CLK and CMD points.

Last edited by l7777,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-granite-ridge-zen-5-desktop-cp...