Hacking after 1.9g update still get the 001error with smg

freakzoid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
i updated my wiikey (original) with the new 1.9g firmware.
then i put in my smg-backup and did the update.
i rebooted my wii and tried to start smg.

but after the first boot screen, i got the 001-error. and had to unplug my console.

how can i get my smg runnig?

the console is a PAL wii with the 3.1E update on it.

plz help

iSynic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure you really did the update? It goes through that flashing phase twice. The first time is just testing the update, the second time it actually flashes your console. If you're absolutely sure it's finished, power down your console, power it back up, and eject the disc. If it still doesn't work....

*Scratches head*

domislong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The first time I tried running SMG.

The next time I booted up the console however, I got the 001 error.

After a quick reset it worked again.

Might not be the same problem as yours though...

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure you really did the update? It goes through that flashing phase twice. The first time is just testing the update, the second time it actually flashes your console. If you're absolutely sure it's finished, power down your console, power it back up, and eject the disc. If it still doesn't work....

*Scratches head*

freakzoid:
look at what isynic posted. I did an install last night for a forum member and that's exactly what we did (my mistake). although, it takes a while to verify the update and looks like it's updating your chip, it really doesn't and you have to press A (or reset) to *actually* perform the firmware update.

however, here's a question:
so, how do you set the region-free, dvd read speeds and audio fix options on the 1.9b and 1.9g updates? (the options aren't plainly visible like the 1.0 and 1.2 updates).

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so, how do you set the region-free, dvd read speeds and audio fix options on the 1.9b and 1.9g updates? (the options aren't plainly visible like the 1.0 and 1.2 updates).

That's because v1.0, v1.1, v1.2 and v1.3 are 'setup' or 'configuration' discs - not updates. Go and download the v1.3 Setup disc and run it, then you can set everything as you like.

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
The first time I tried running SMG.

The next time I booted up the console however, I got the 001 error.

After a quick reset it worked again.

Might not be the same problem as yours though...

I had the same problem. I had played the game for a couple of hours in the morning but when I wanted to continue an hour ago I suddenly got the 001 error message. I thought I was going mad! WTF!? I turned off and after that SMG worked again.
It's probably because of the buggy nature of the Wiikey. But I'm glad I'm not the only one who had this problem.

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

That's because v1.0, v1.1, v1.2 and v1.3 are 'setup' or 'configuration' discs - not updates. Go and download the v1.3 Setup disc and run it, then you can set everything as you like.
ah, that makes sense. I just seemed weird to have to run more than one disc after doing the install.

freakzoid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
ok, I did the 1.9g update again. and now my wii is patched. i forgot all the time, to really run the update.
laugh.gif

but now my smg-disk dont work anymore.
i get the smg-pic in the gamechannel, but when i start the game im just getting a blackscreen and the wii freezes.
seems to me like a bad burnt copy.
i'll burn it again and tell you guys if it works or not.

hanndn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ok, I did the 1.9g update again. and now my wii is patched. i forgot all the time, to really run the update.Â
laugh.gif

but now my smg-disk dont work anymore.
i get the smg-pic in the gamechannel, but when i start the game im just getting a blackscreen and the wii freezes.
seems to me like a bad burnt copy.
i'll burn it again and tell you guys if it works or not.
change the language in english

wolf_canine123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have exactly the same problem... I have updated my Wii twice. Let me get this straight though. Put in 1.9 disc, wait, eject, put it back in, then wait for update to finish, eject, press reset, then pop in SMG? That's exactly what I did two times, but it always comes up with the 001 error. Please help.

freakzoid

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
@hanndn

thx a lot. it works now. an the game just rules!!

@all
thank you for your help!!

@wolf_canine
the update disk works in two steps, so try again an make sure to run both of them...

wolf_canine123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hear Homer's voice saying "You're nuts" before the Wii resetting if thats what you mean... The first step is being tested and second is actually updating, right? That's exactly what I did.

maddk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I made the updates, everything went fine. Updated galaxy, and i still got the 001 error. But my console is an NTSC-U and the SMG is also NTSC-U. Any help?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-