eXult

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

I've been looking to get a flash cart and hopefully get some help on which to pick and what its capabilities are.

To start off, from what I gathered the Supercard DSTWO is the best, so I decided to choose that one. Please point it out if there is any other that is better than it, as I'd like to pick the best one. Also, I looked and it seemed as this website is very trusted, anyone else purchased from them and recommend them as well?

Also, regarding the microSD. I decided to pick a class 10 microSDHC as it seems to be the fastest one (specifically this one). Will it work with the Supercard DSTWO?

And lastly, it might seem like a silly question but from what I gathered the purpose of the flashcarts is to run NDS roms. That means I can go and download nintendo ds roms and put it in the sd and the console will read it as if it was a game? Is there any issues with running these games, as far as being slow/lagging, or not working? And for games like pokemon (or any game that has some sort of online capability), can I battle online or even trade pokemon with friends or is that not possible?

My 3DS XL is on 5.0.0-10U. That should work with the DSTWO?

Sorry about all the questions and thanks in advance for the help!

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
1) To date the DSTwo is still the best cart to get.

2) RealHotStuff seems to be one of the better shops around and is recommended by a lot of members here.

3) Yeap, that class 10 microSD should work fine. In fact, I'd recommend it.

4) You'll need to do a bit of setup as seen here
http://gbatemp.net/threads/the-supercard-dstwo-beginners-guide-how-to-setup-the-dstwo.290190/
Then you should be good to go.

5) AFAIK there is barely any issue with DS games, like trading and all. All good. Except WPA2 connection and iirc the little app which lets you get the Kami trio.

6) Works fine with the latest 3DS firmware. :)

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey everyone,

To start off, from what I gathered the Supercard DSTWO is the best, so I decided to choose that one. Please point it out if there is any other that is better than it, as I'd like to pick the best one. Also, I looked and it seemed as this website is very trusted, anyone else purchased from them and recommend them as well?

Yep, Supercard DSTWO is still considered the best cart and realhotstuff are a trusted site.

Also, regarding the microSD. I decided to pick a class 10 microSDHC as it seems to be the fastest one (specifically this one). Will it work with the Supercard DSTWO?

That should work fine.

And lastly, it might seem like a silly question but from what I gathered the purpose of the flashcarts is to run NDS roms. That means I can go and download nintendo ds roms and put it in the sd and the console will read it as if it was a game? Is there any issues with running these games, as far as being slow/lagging, or not working? And for games like pokemon (or any game that has some sort of online capability), can I battle online or even trade pokemon with friends or is that not possible?

Not sure about pokemon specifically, but online play works fine on flash carts from my experiance.

My 3DS XL is on 5.0.0-10U. That should work with the DSTWO?

A DSTWO with the latest firmware installed onto it will work fine. Most stores will sell them already updated (ask before buying if its not listed) or you can update them via a DS/DS lite/DSi/3ds with an old firmware.
There is an alternative update method that works without needing a DS/DS lite/dsi/3ds with old firmware, but its better to update via the normal method if possible.

eXult

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow guys.

Thanks for the quick and precise answers. I appreciate all the help.

Any thing else you guys can think of I should know or just any tips towards any of this? Thanks once again!

Oh, and lastly. Is there any talk about a flash cart for 3DS games being created?

eXult

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, cool.
Thanks again!

Actually, one last question. Whats up with this disclaimer on the RHS website when purchasing a flashcart:
Disclaimer:
The flashcards we offer on our website should be used ONLY for the following purposes:
1.NDS/GBA game development. You can develop your own games by using development tools.
2.Playing homebrewed NDS/GBA games. There are hundreds of applications and games you can download from the Internet for free. One website where you can download free applications and games is:http://www.ndshb.com/. There are also applications and games that are commercially developed, which you have to pay for. We do not condone the use of our flashcards to download or otherwise access games and applications that otherwise should and must be paid for; if you do you are committing a crime and if caught, will be punished.
3.Playing MP3 songs or video clips that you paid for.

It is illegal if you use the devices to:
1.Play pirated games that you did not pay for.
2.Play MP3 songs that you do not own.
3.Play video clips that you do not own.

I mean, I understand it why but is that just something they have to put there or should I be careful with purchasing from them?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    WPiso @ WPiso: m