Advice with flashcart and questions on its capabilities

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by eXult, Apr 4, 2013.

1. eXult
    OP

Newcomer eXult Newbie

United States
    Hey everyone,

I've been looking to get a flash cart and hopefully get some help on which to pick and what its capabilities are.

To start off, from what I gathered the Supercard DSTWO is the best, so I decided to choose that one. Please point it out if there is any other that is better than it, as I'd like to pick the best one. Also, I looked and it seemed as this website is very trusted, anyone else purchased from them and recommend them as well?

Also, regarding the microSD. I decided to pick a class 10 microSDHC as it seems to be the fastest one (specifically this one). Will it work with the Supercard DSTWO?

And lastly, it might seem like a silly question but from what I gathered the purpose of the flashcarts is to run NDS roms. That means I can go and download nintendo ds roms and put it in the sd and the console will read it as if it was a game? Is there any issues with running these games, as far as being slow/lagging, or not working? And for games like pokemon (or any game that has some sort of online capability), can I battle online or even trade pokemon with friends or is that not possible?

My 3DS XL is on 5.0.0-10U. That should work with the DSTWO?

Sorry about all the questions and thanks in advance for the help!

2. porkiewpyne

Member porkiewpyne Report-er

Australia
    1) To date the DSTwo is still the best cart to get.

2) RealHotStuff seems to be one of the better shops around and is recommended by a lot of members here.

3) Yeap, that class 10 microSD should work fine. In fact, I'd recommend it.

4) You'll need to do a bit of setup as seen here
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/the-supercard-dstwo-beginners-guide-how-to-setup-the-dstwo.290190/
    Then you should be good to go.

5) AFAIK there is barely any issue with DS games, like trading and all. All good. Except WPA2 connection and iirc the little app which lets you get the Kami trio.

6) Works fine with the latest 3DS firmware. :)

3. Count Duckula

Member Count Duckula .

Australia
    Yep, Supercard DSTWO is still considered the best cart and realhotstuff are a trusted site.

That should work fine.

Not sure about pokemon specifically, but online play works fine on flash carts from my experiance.

A DSTWO with the latest firmware installed onto it will work fine. Most stores will sell them already updated (ask before buying if its not listed) or you can update them via a DS/DS lite/DSi/3ds with an old firmware.
    There is an alternative update method that works without needing a DS/DS lite/dsi/3ds with old firmware, but its better to update via the normal method if possible.

4. eXult
    OP

Newcomer eXult Newbie

United States
    Wow guys.

Thanks for the quick and precise answers. I appreciate all the help.

Any thing else you guys can think of I should know or just any tips towards any of this? Thanks once again!

Oh, and lastly. Is there any talk about a flash cart for 3DS games being created?

5. porkiewpyne

Member porkiewpyne Report-er

Australia
    We have no way of running 3DS roms yet and it's not likely we will be getting it in the near future.

6. eXult
    OP

Newcomer eXult Newbie

United States
    Alright, cool.
    Thanks again!

Actually, one last question. Whats up with this disclaimer on the RHS website when purchasing a flashcart:
    I mean, I understand it why but is that just something they have to put there or should I be careful with purchasing from them?

7. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    It's to avoid legal issues. Most of these places are based out of China and so don't give a fuck about any US laws, but RHS has a warehouse in NJ from what I've read, so they just try not to stand out too much.

8. tobiasoO
    This message by tobiasoO has been removed from public view by Costello, Jun 19, 2013.
    Apr 4, 2013