Hacking Advice for M3 problem please.

esther12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought my M3 real (perfect bundle) about 4 months ago.

It's been great up until the last two weeks, when it's been freezing, usually after about a half hours playing time. (This is pretty frustrating on games with rare saves - FFIV final dungeon!)

I've seen some people here suggest sliding paper in to try to help the cart connect properly, but from the look of the connection points, the DS is making contact in the center of the strips. The memory card is the same. I tried sliding some paper down on the offchance, but it carried on freezing. Is there anything else I should try?

I bought it from Techwizard - does anyone have any experience of their custome care, or if I'm likely to be able to get a replacement?

If not, will I be able to use my GBA expansion pack and rumble pack with non-M3 cards, were I to buy a replacement. I was impressed with te M£, but expected it to last longer than four months, so would want one likely to last a bit longer.

Any words of wisdom greatly appreciated.

KingClitoris

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This might sound assy, but I recommend getting an iTouchDS (if you arent using a DSi)

If I had an M3 Real id be more help but I dont D:

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you want to test for the paper shim trick.

1) load a game with a moving intro
2) tap the DS all the way round

If it freezes then it does need the paper shim trick, most M3 Reals do need it

esther12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I just clear up what I should do to test the paper trick?

Fold a piece of paper in two, and slide it into slot one, down to the point where it's next to the interconnects.

With the DS's back facing me, and the paper at the bottom of the slot, I then put the M3 card on top of the folded paper, with the paper pushing the M3 slightly toward the 'back' of slot one, away from the screen?

This is what I did last time, without it helping. Is there anything I should change?

With '2) tap the DS all the way round' do you mean tap the console or the buttons? Neither seemed to make the game freeze, but I may not have done it for long enough.

Thanks for the help.

S

sumarth

think about it

the contacts are obviously toward the screen

so you want to put the paper on the other side, pushing the m3 into the contacts

what you did will only make it worse

esther12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sumarth said:
think about it

the contacts are obviously toward the screen

so you want to put the paper on the other side, pushing the m3 into the contacts

what you did will only make it worse

That is what I thought, but the other instructions I found even had an illustration with the paper being in the other side. I didn't know what was going on...

I've just put some paper in to push the cart toward the connectors. Thanks for clearing up my brain fart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1