Adventure Time

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by ShadowSoldier, Jan 19, 2013.

Jan 19, 2013

Adventure Time by ShadowSoldier at 8:27 AM (989 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    I swear I saw a thread for this... can't find it now, weird.

Anyways, yeah, who played the game? I just bought it today. Still a bit too easy, hoping that a challenge actually comes into play.

What do you guys think about it?

2. Range-TE

Member Range-TE GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Indonesia
    Played it the whole way through non stop when i got it, took me 5-6hours i think and i loved it to pieces.

maybe i love it just because i love adventure time, but there's no denying that this is a solid adventure-platformer game by wayforward

3. Theconejo

Member Theconejo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Played through last wee over a few nights and thought it was pretty good. The battles didn't seem too difficult but the story was typical AT. I haven't tried "new game+" but I read it isn't much different other than enemies do a little more damage. I think you start with your stats boosted too.

Sum it up: Fun while it lasted, which isn't long. I hope there is a sequel with more meat. Although I haven't watched much of the show, there seems to be lots of potential given the world it takes place in. It's pretty much a video game already.

4. sliver123

Member sliver123 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    this game ?

5. DroRox

Member DroRox Ambassador of Ooo

United States
    The Adventure Time game was such a treat. Actually the only 3DS game I've bought so far. It's just a really great platformer and the music is really awesome. The plot is typical of the show as stated above and the character dialogues are golden. I specifically remember a candy child that states that because you asked him about lady's underwear he is now scarred for life and this is the turning point in his life where everything will begin going wrong. It's just perfect and even more enjoyable if you love the show as much as I do...

Was pretty short though. :/

6. Pleng

Member Pleng GBAtemp Maniac

Thailand
    I like the look of this game, but I don't care too much for the show. The plot being typical of the show I can deal with, but are the puzzles as random as the show, or do they follow some decent sets of logic?

7. The Masked Man

Newcomer The Masked Man Advanced Member

United States
    I love this game to pieces. It's extremely easy, but being a fan of the show, I don't mind it. And you are really missing out if you not an avid viewer of the show, as you'll miss out on the dialogue.

8. ShadowSoldier
    OP

Member ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    I just finished the game. i really liked the ending and riding on the unicorn thing. That was pretty damn sweet.

Oh yeah, I should probably say, I hardly watch the show. I mean I have 4 seasons on my computer, and I watch it from time to time, but haven't really gotten fully into it. I watched enough to get the type of show that it is and all that.

The game was pretty easy sadly, and it was short. But it only costs 30 bucks, so it's hard to complain.

One thing I will complain about though, is I think this game was developed with DS in mind, because everything is kind of low quality. Like ,very little animations and not really graphic heavy. Even the 3D effect in the game was pretty much shit and non-existent. I'm gonna go through New Game+ now.

9. chavosaur

Reporter chavosaur Austin Trujillo

pip
    United States
    Ive enjoyed it a lot really, I think its a charming little game.
    The dialogue is great, I laughed so many times.
    I got if for like 15$ though, so maybe thats another reason why I enjoy it :P Ive put a lot of time into it though, and can't say I'm disappointed. I just wish their were as many hidden goodies in the game as there are in the show. Would Love to snail hunt.

10. BORTZ

Global Moderator BORTZ wtf, nintendo

United States
    Yeah it is easy and short. I am about halfway and the biggest thing i have to contribute is, i wish they wouldnt have skimmed on the voice acting.

11. Sora de Eclaune

Member Sora de Eclaune Baby squirrel, you's a sexy motherfucker.

United States
    You probably saw my thread on the NDS forum.