Advance Wars-inspired game Wargroove is getting a sequel

While fans have been dealing with the lack of new Advance Wars content from Nintendo, an indie studio has already been working on filling that particular void for the second time. Publisher Chucklefish had already released the heavily Advance Wars-inspired Wargroove in 2019, to critical success, and have now announced a sequel to their strategy RPG. Wargroove 2 will be developed by Robotality, who has previously worked on a game called Pathway, and has a nautical theme, featuring pirates, treasure, and giant enemy squids. Wargroove 2 will release on the Nintendo Switch and PC/Steam, and will have a co-op mode, a new roguelike single-player campaign, and more.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Loved Wargroove but never finished it due to completionism burning me out on trying to get three stars for each map. Definitely a game I'll get back onto before the Advance Wars remake drops.

TheStonedModder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe I’m thinking of a different game but when I tried the first wargroove I remember being excited for it being similar to advanced wars, followed by disappointment when it seems like something else entirely

Almost like it was trying to just get by on the “advance wars style” like that crummy “Soccer Story” clone that came out right before the “golf story” sequel “sports story”

Reactions: BigOnYa

pokota

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that WarGroove is a spiritual successor to the Fire Emblem games?

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wouldn't it be more accurate to say that WarGroove is a spiritual successor to the Fire Emblem games?
Nah, it takes from Advance Wars more in how units are factory produced and replaceable, and the whole commander thing.

Reactions: auntnadia and Xzi

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I completely forgot about Wargroove. I remember there was some anticipation for it, but I suppose almost everyone else forgot about it too.

Joeynator3000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly the artstyle wasn't doing it for me, and is still not doing it for me with the sequel. Just gonna wait for the advance Wars remake that's FINALLY coming out after being delayed for a year. -.-

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER