Hacking Adrenaline v6 (Adrenaline VPK) is released

Cortexfou

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
For some rare games, it's hard to find on Google. Thanks umdgen work :)
Also, is there a way to have to official settings directly instead of the adrenaline menu or have a custom config for each psp games and not one config for all ?

Last edited by Cortexfou,

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Note #1: Adrenaline has been redesigned in 6.61 Adrenaline-6, so you'd need to launch Adrenaline twice everytime you reboot your device. To get rid of that, simply write this line to *KERNEL

*KERNEL
ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module/adrenaline_kernel.skprx

Suggestion for SD card users:
For sd2vita users, you must add ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module/adrenaline_kernel.skprx under ur0:tai/gamesd.skprx.

*KERNEL
ur0:tai/gamesd.skprx

The wording here is really confusing me. I add both these lines to config.txt located in ur0:/tai? If so, it sounds like both of these things are the same thing? Adding "ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module/adrenaline_kernel.skprx" to config.txt located in ur0:/tai

Is that correct? If so, why is it mentioned twice as being two different things? (1 to get rid of having to double launch, and 2 as being a requirement for those using sd2vita users).

I added that line below kernel to config.txt in ur0:/tai but it still requires me to open Adrenaline twice before it will start. Any idea why?

Also I am not using sd2vita; I am using psvsd. Does that make a difference?

Finally, I don't have a gamesd.skprx located in ur0:tai. However, I have no issues running games at all. Why is that? Because I am using psvsd?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with these questions! :)

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The wording here is really confusing me. I add both these lines to config.txt located in ur0:/tai? If so, it sounds like both of these things are the same thing? Adding "ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module/adrenaline_kernel.skprx" to config.txt located in ur0:/tai

Is that correct? If so, why is it mentioned twice as being two different things? (1 to get rid of having to double launch, and 2 as being a requirement for those using sd2vita users).

I added that line below kernel to config.txt in ur0:/tai but it still requires me to open Adrenaline twice before it will start. Any idea why?

Also I am not using sd2vita; I am using psvsd. Does that make a difference?

Finally, I don't have a gamesd.skprx located in ur0:tai. However, I have no issues running games at all. Why is that? Because I am using psvsd?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me with these questions! :)

It's correct. The first time it's mentioned is an example of the standard usage, for people not using an sd2vita. The second time is for people using an sd2vita (and the taihen plugin that makes them work: gamesd.skprx). If you aren't using an sd2vita you dont need the gamesd plugin or any reference to it.
If an sd2vita is used then the reference to the gamesd.skprx must be the first line in the kernel section of ur0:tai/config.txt. It has to load first so that the microsd is available to the system (as ux0) before it may need to load things (eg the adrenaline plugin) from it.

I guessed the same principle would be true of psvsd just with a different plugin name, but It appears that psvsd and the usbmc software that makes it work function differently:
"Note: When using USB storage as memory, make sure all taiHEN plugins are installed to ur0: with ur0:tai/config.txt as the config file. This is because taiHEN is loaded before usbmc so you cannot use taiHEN plugins installed to USB."
- Quoted from https://github.com/yifanlu/usbmc

At a complete guess, and if you've powered the vita off/on (required for kernel changes to config.txt to take affect), you could try copying adrenaline_kernel.skprx from ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module/ to ur0:tai/ and adding 'ur0:tai/adrenaline_kernel.skprx' (without quotes) to the kernel section of your ur0:tai/config.txt instead of 'ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module/adrenaline_kernel.skprx'.

Someone with a psvsd and adrenaline set up could likely be more helpful :)
If you were using an sd2vita I'd say ensure your ur0:tai/config.txt has everything you need configured then delete ux0:tai from anywhere it may exist (internal 1gb ux0 on vita 2000s/PSTV, the vita memory card if one is inserted and the microsd).

Last edited by Count Duckula,
Reactions: Hammyface

Hammyface

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At a complete guess, and if you've powered the vita off/on (required for kernel changes to config.txt to take affect), you could try copying adrenaline_kernel.skprx from ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module/ to ur0:tai/ and adding 'ur0:tai/adrenaline_kernel.skprx' (without quotes) to the kernel section of your ur0:tai/config.txt instead of 'ux0:app/PSPEMUCFW/sce_module/adrenaline_kernel.skprx'.

Holy cow, this worked! The OP should be updated with this info for us PSVSD users!

I have no idea why it works but thank you so much!!

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Holy cow, this worked! The OP should be updated with this info for us PSVSD users!

I have no idea why it works but thank you so much!!

Glad it works.

The microsd in your psvsd is not made available to the system (as if it was a vita memory card, aka ux0) until a time after taihen processes the ur0:tai/config.txt and loads plugins, so you cannot load plugins from ux0. This was what i quoted from yifan's github page in my last post.
ur0 is an internal system storage location so it is always available, so taihen is able to load plugins at boot if you place them there :)

Reactions: Hammyface

rsc-pl

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is there any way to set category view as default? Without pressing square every time when you exit the game?

FunkyKong84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi people, I have bought an already hacked PSVita (Henkaku 3.63) that I use in offline mode (via email) and the easyinstaller doesn't load adrenaline, as it says that there is no content and that I need to install a PSP game or something.

Since I do not connect my Vita to the internet due to henkaku offline, how can I install this adrenaline vpk, as it needs to be updated right away?

Medveitsi

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I just cant install this:hateit: after i install this vpk and download the 6.61 file with the software i get the adrenaline bubble. But when i open the bubble it just closes. Can someone help me with this?

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I just cant install this:hateit: after i install this vpk and download the 6.61 file with the software i get the adrenaline bubble. But when i open the bubble it just closes. Can someone help me with this?

If you open it a second time it will run.
If you follow these instructions from the release notes then it will open correctly first time (you have to restart the vita after editing the config.txt):

Note #1: Adrenaline has been redesigned in 6.61 Adrenaline-6, so you'd need to launch Adrenaline twice everytime you reboot your device. To get rid of that, simply write this line to *KERNEL
*KERNEL

https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/Adrenaline/

eg: https://pastebin.com/AdWFwUeh
Note: I have other plugins installed, you can ignore those.
Note2: if you are using an sd2vita, then you must configure ur0:tai/config.txt and ensure that the gamesd.skprx line is always the first line in the *KERNEL section

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For anyone who wants to use the newest adrenaline for ps vita that has 444mhz overclocking back search for this

"6.61 Adrenaline 6 Mod v6-M1E".

Reactions: sj33

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
For anyone who wants to use the newest adrenaline for ps vita that has 444mhz overclocking back search for this

"6.61 Adrenaline 6 Mod v6-M1E".
I didn’t know about this and struggling to find much more info about it aside from sceptical Reddit posts. I wonder if it could solve the franerate issues in Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn’t know about this and struggling to find much more info about it aside from sceptical Reddit posts. I wonder if it could solve the franerate issues in Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast.
That game was one of the reasons why i wanted to try that adrenaline mod and it works great overclocked.

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
That game was one of the reasons why i wanted to try that adrenaline mod and it works great overclocked.
It actually works then? Some of the Reddit posts seem to doubt it, but sounds hopeful

Will be useful for maintaining 60fps in Picodrive when playing Mega CD games at 44100hz. I use the PSP version for that because I can’t get Vita Retroarch to recognise CDDA in .mp3 format.

Reactions: cvskid

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi people, I have bought an already hacked PSVita (Henkaku 3.63) that I use in offline mode (via email) and the easyinstaller doesn't load adrenaline, as it says that there is no content and that I need to install a PSP game or something.

Since I do not connect my Vita to the internet due to henkaku offline, how can I install this adrenaline vpk, as it needs to be updated right away?
YOu should really update to henkaku enso and forget about all that mundane 'activation' nonsense.

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It actually works then? Some of the Reddit posts seem to doubt it, but sounds hopeful

Will be useful for maintaining 60fps in Picodrive when playing Mega CD games at 44100hz. I use the PSP version for that because I can’t get Vita Retroarch to recognise CDDA in .mp3 format.
I personally haven't noticed any frame dropping myself when playing.

Bajdo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I cannot get Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection to work on Adrenaline 6.61. The game starts but would come any further than to the initial loading screen where you can see a rotating crystal in the bottom right corner on a black background. Just stays there forever. Any ideas what the problem is? Game is in .iso-format.

falconcrest

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cannot get Final Fantasy IV Complete Collection to work on Adrenaline 6.61. The game starts but would come any further than to the initial loading screen where you can see a rotating crystal in the bottom right corner on a black background. Just stays there forever. Any ideas what the problem is? Game is in .iso-format.
change the umd iso mode to m33 driver or the other one
inferno driver did the same thing for me,and that is how i fixed it

GamePil

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is Controller Port swapping working? I just played Metal Gear Solid over Adrenaline and reached (spoiler warning for Metal Gear Solid 1) Psycho Mantis and opened the Official Settings to change the Controller port but it doesnt seem to work properly. It doesnt matter if i set it to 1 or 2, he can still 'read my mind' and doge every bullet and hit. So is this just a bug that i am having or does the Controller port Setting not work on Adrenaline?
PS: I know that you can beat him without it but thats hard and i dont have it in me to attempt that after Cyborg Ninja's Fight

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"6.61 Adrenaline 6 Mod v6-M1E" .................. 3.65/3.67 max compatibility ............... no 3.68/3.69.

(if you go into the source pack, in "main.c" you can see module id and version listing just search for version 3.xx ................ you can probably take the values from the official flow release, updated to 3.68/3.69 and paste them there, compiling is another problem)

I would guess the eboot.bin is signed and encrypted, for vita, may not make using a hex editor viable, with that said..............

"444mhz" is like lolicon and its 500mhz promise ............... turn it off, no use, no longer and you'll see no difference from using it ............... some games just don't run well on the adrenaline emulator (off hand, scrolling in all the primary 2D games, and the typical full 3D stuff ............... I didn't test this recently to compare with retropie, for the games that are fixed versus the vita, you got me there, but the 444mhz version is just outdated) (almost got leprosy trying to compare any of this to the nintendo switch's new retroarch compatibility and recent mentions in the mame emulators for it .............. having some sun/fun with snes msu, nintendo rabies for super mario rpg msu1 release)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/vKQN3UiNNHY?si=fP6ZlFe-DhQf9SW7