Hacking Adrenaline v3 Released!

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Has anyone gotten PS1 games to work? I get the same error as this guy:
Many people have it working, i'm not sure why it's not working for you sorry. All i can suggest is to reread the readme file provided with the adrenaline files and to check its in the right folder (named after the ID of the ps1 game) and is an eboot. (though i hear .cso works too? not sure)

Edit: is this error when opening the PSP or PS1 game?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow everything works perfectly with the new fix!

What does the DS3/DS4 toggle do? Is it only for vita users if they connect a controller via Bluetooth?
Yes, pstv is nothing to do with this cause it already supports dualshock, this is for vita, even though a taihen plugin was made for the same purpose a few months ago, but i guess now is done easier? :P

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Yup, exactly those :) Would be hella nice to not have to set it all up every single time
That doesn't happen to me, I just checked all my PS1 games (FF7, Armored Core 1 and 2, Driver 1 and 2, and Tomba) and all my settings changes stick.

What base game are you using? I know there are occasional compatibility issues with different base games.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That doesn't happen to me, I just checked all my PS1 games (FF7, Armored Core 1 and 2, Driver 1 and 2, and Tomba) and all my settings changes stick.

What base game are you using? I know there are occasional compatibility issues with different base games.
Ape Quest, hope i can get that working. Not the end of the world if not of course.

EDIT: should i try that epsp bubble thing?

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
so what is the list of ps1 games that dont work on adrenaline?? so far only RE2 doesn't work for me
Only one i've come across is RE2 as well so far. And i've done some googling and RE2 was a problem child for PSP too.

Hmm, that one should be fine then...

I dunno then, I can't reproduce it on my end so I can't figure out what's wrong :lol:

RIP, i'll try that epsp bubble thingy tomorrow. Thanks for checking it out!

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I've been playing tombi 2 all day, which is an actiony adventure game. And that's been running absolutely perfectly except for FPS drops in the water temple (i think its the rain effect) but i vaguely recall it had the same thing on the actual PS1. Gonna try out a few more games tonight and i'll edit this post accordingly.

List:
(brief test = 5 mins of playing or so)

Tombi 2: Works perfectly (except for FPS drop water temple)
Kula World: Perfect (brief test)
Final Fantasy VIII: Perfect (brief test)
Metal Gear Solid: Perfect (15 mins test)
Resident Evil 2: unplayable (Blackscreen and freezes the epsp)
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2: perfect (brief test, one level)
Wild Arms: Perfect (brief test)

Reporting some psx games i tried that didn't work, they are Resident evil 2 (stay forever on black screen) and Road Rash 2d (loads fine until i select a race, then the game get stuck on the loading screen)
The PSN version of Resident Evil 2 is running fine. As I mentioned earlier, just download the .pkg with some PSN download tool and extract the content with PSN PKG Decryptor & Extractor.

Last edited by M[u]ddy,
Reactions: klear and cvskid

cvskid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone gotten PS1 games to work? I get the same error as this guy:
I was having an issue similar to this except i was getting an error message with psp games. I backed up the games i had in that folder, deleted it, and created a new folder and added the games back in and now it works fine. That might also work with ps1 games and homebrew as well.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I corrected my post. Precisely it is the Resident Evil 2 - Directors Cut with US region.
I just tried Resident Evil 2 Dualshock version and that works fine. Your version probably is the same as this. Its just the non dualshock version that blackscreens.

So i figured out how to change the default settings for PS1 games. Sort of. Really obvious in hindsight. in the game folder there'll be a file called "__sce_menuinfo" after you've set up the settings for a game. This includes all the options from the official menu. And it's not bound to a specific game. So from now on to save me the bother of setting up my controls in every new game i'll play i'll just copy this file alongside the new game.

Last edited by dimmidice,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?