Hacking Adobe Flash 9 Support

Bradk_1749

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any open projects right now that people are working on, concerning updating the Wii's Opera support of Flash 9?!

I have noticed PS3 enabled the Flash 9 Support... Just curious, I know Opera has stated that it's up to Nintendo, and they haven't said yes to it..

However, can any "homebrewers" do it themselves?!

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There is currently no way to upgrade the opera browser. It will remain with flash 7 until Nintendo/Opera release an official update. They announced it about a month ago but don't expect it anytime soon.

D

Deleted User

Are there any homebrew browsers? (not talking about a browser that goes through homebrew application)

Bradk_1749

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what everyone is saying is there is no way for me to watch full episodes of the office that i missed on nbc.com haha

Anyone know some sites that do load on Opera that maybe aren't Flash9... (NOT YOUTUBE - NBC takes all their clips off that site)

Anyone?
smile.gif

Bradk_1749

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have to forgive me, I have a 55inch widescreen hooked up with the Wii and only a 22inch widescreen for my comp, so i wouldn't mind watching it on the wii:)

Peekvid eh? I'll check it out! Thanks for all the great and quick replies guys!

Edgedancer

Director of Moon based operations
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
DarkLG is giving you the best answer. Use the PC but if you cannot wait, I am pretty sure that you can use homebrew to stream data to the wii.
Also, I just remembered that there is an unofficial version of mplayer that does youtube.

Bradk_1749

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yup and i appreciate his answer, im not trying to be a pest, just trying to see what my options are:)

Thanks Dark, I'll keep looking for sites..

@peekvid suggestion, that site got sued and is now down... hah

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No Problem Bradk_1749 there are sited other then youtube but I really can't remember right now because I'm tired it's like 1 A.M. and I haven't had any sleep.

D

Deleted User

Edgedancer said:
DarkLG is giving you the best answer. Use the PC but if you cannot wait, I am pretty sure that you can use homebrew to stream data to the wii.
Also, I just remembered that there is an unofficial version of mplayer that does youtube.

Interesting......how would you do this, as I also have my wii hooked up to a larger screen, and sites like youtube have horrible quality vids (unlike the ones on my comp)
Would you have to set up a virtual server or intranet or something? or just share a folder?

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
Bradk_1749 said:
You have to forgive me, I have a 55inch widescreen hooked up with the Wii and only a 22inch widescreen for my comp, so i wouldn't mind watching it on the wii:)

Peekvid eh? I'll check it out! Thanks for all the great and quick replies guys!

most PCs have TV-Out

most (commercial) video streaming apps for the Wii are crap using Wii Opera

D

Deleted User

My TV has a d-sub port, but the issue is moving my tv too and from...i also cbf burning dvds...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-