Zolon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys,

I am experiencing the following issue with my old, bulky, regular NDS.
When booting the device, I am always required to "adjust system settings". After entering Name, favorite color, date and birthday, I have to switch off the device. However, it doesnt save the data that I entered, and subsequently when performing a restart afterwards, I have to enter system settings again.

The funny thing is that using the DS with any flashcard bypasses this issue, since it immediately loads the interface of the flashcard instead of the DS menu. However handy, this still means that I have no access to regular NDS games. Probably the internal flash memory or something in relation to the battery is broken.

Now my question is whether anybody has experience with this kind of problem or an idea of how to bypass or fix it, if possible, without having to replace hardware.
I was thinking about maybe starting the regular game from within the flashcard menu. Is that possible?

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
The console doesn't have an internal clock battery, it uses the regular battery to save theese settings.. Is the battery holding a charge? The reset normally happens when you remove the battery..

Zolon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. The regular battery however works fine, no problems at all. I have never removed the battery or any hardware component from this DS and I never even touched any screws either.

The issue also prevails when starting the DS while charging it.

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Hello guys,

I am experiencing the following issue with my old, bulky, regular NDS.
When booting the device, I am always required to "adjust system settings". After entering Name, favorite color, date and birthday, I have to switch off the device. However, it doesnt save the data that I entered, and subsequently when performing a restart afterwards, I have to enter system settings again.

The funny thing is that using the DS with any flashcard bypasses this issue, since it immediately loads the interface of the flashcard instead of the DS menu. However handy, this still means that I have no access to regular NDS games. Probably the internal flash memory or something in relation to the battery is broken.

Now my question is whether anybody has experience with this kind of problem or an idea of how to bypass or fix it, if possible, without having to replace hardware.
I was thinking about maybe starting the regular game from within the flashcard menu. Is that possible?
Download Nitrohax (cheat tool) and run it. Remove the flashcard and replace it with the game. It will run then.

http://www.chishm.com/NitroHax/index.html

Zolon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download Nitrohax (cheat tool) and run it. Remove the flashcard and replace it with the game. It will run then.

http://www.chishm.com/NitroHax/index.html

Nice idea! That makes sense and will most likely work, assuming the tool runs on my flashcard. (It's some fake old R4 that has issues sometimes :P) Thanks!

So bypassing the issue seems a viable option, but has anyone an idea what causes it or how to fix it?

testerfan

Trophies
Website
www.fixxmaster.com
XP
Country
United States
this problem occurs after either light water damage or one specific component failure on the motherboard. It is repairable if you know where to look, requires opening the system and soldering (and possibly, replacement part, depending on what caused the failure)

Zolon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this problem occurs after either light water damage or one specific component failure on the motherboard. It is repairable if you know where to look, requires opening the system and soldering (and possibly, replacement part, depending on what caused the failure)

Interesting... I think it would be the component on the motherboard then. Do you think this leads to other problems if it remained unfixed?

justin-dabath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've known this issue to occur mostly on systems that have had flash cards used in them

Some people say "don't use flash cards" but to be honest 95% of the time using the flash card saves them enough money on games to buy a new console twice over,

Zolon

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've known this issue to occur mostly on systems that have had flash cards used in them

Some people say "don't use flash cards" but to be honest 95% of the time using the flash card saves them enough money on games to buy a new console twice over,

the funny thing is that if you only use your flashcard, you will never actually realize that this issue exist.
I actually have no idea when it started occuring, I only noticed now because I brought a copy of Soma Bringer back from Japan.

Still haven't used nitro hax though, will report later when I get to it :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1