Apple Addin Movies / Videos Ipod Touch 4g

kamala

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm a noob at this and I've seen a lot of videos on how to do this however I seem to have lot of problem doing it myself because I'm stuck in a certain part. I bought an I-pod touch yesterday and I decided to add a video. My I-tunes display the movie tab as this:

2ldk6xs.jpg

Most of the tutorials I've seen display the movie's tab in a list format allowing users to drag the converted (.mp4) videos directly into without any problem. In my case if I drag a video into it it does nothing no warning not anything.

Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong.

Thanatos Telos

random stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi I'm a noob at this and I've seen a lot of videos on how to do this however I seem to have lot of problem doing it myself because I'm stuck in a certain part. I bought an I-pod touch yesterday and I decided to add a video. My I-tunes display the movie tab as this:

2ldk6xs.jpg

Most of the tutorials I've seen display the movie's tab in a list format allowing users to drag the converted (.mp4) videos directly into without any problem. In my case if I drag a video into it it does nothing no warning not anything.

Can someone explain what I'm doing wrong.
Where are you dragging it towards?
Which iPod i.e. gen?

Izen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iTunes cannot handle every .mp4 file. Here's a quote from a website I found doing a quick google search.
However, the video especially the MP4 video must meet the following specifications: it must be encoded as 540 kbit/s (minimum) MPEG-4 video (H.264) with an approximately 128 kbit/s AAC audio track or encoded as 1.5 Mbit/s (minimum) MPEG-4 video (H.264) with a minimum 128 kbit/s AAC audio track. If not, you will fail to import MP4 to iTunes.
So there you have it. You can use a video converter to upscale the .mp4 to meet the specifications, but I would suggest using .m4v format. iTunes works much more nicely with .m4v than .mp4.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: idk