"Ad Blockers Are Not Allowed on YouTube" warning showing up now

_47iscool

Noticer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use Brave that has built-in adblock. It also includes TOR for use in private tabs.
Brave performs even better than Google's spyware browser. Brave uses Chromium so you can use the same plugins as GC.

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hrmm just loaded a video with adblockplus active and no message.
Post automatically merged:

I use Brave that has built-in adblock. It also includes TOR for use in private tabs.
Brave performs even better than Google's spyware browser. Brave uses Chromium so you can use the same plugins as GC.
I also use Brave maybe that's why.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
On that site you linked. Doesn't that just block the window but not the actual detection by Google?

Also what browser did you use?

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Never experienced issues yet, also using uBlock with Chrome.
I did get 1 time where the extension was broken and needed "repairs" after a recent Chrome update but it still works fine since.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Recently YouTube managed to sneak a few ads past Ublock Origin of Firefox, but there's a workaround for that.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Haven't seen any of those pop-ups just yet. I'm using uBlock + Firefox on PC and Android.

To be honest I'd be happy to pay for Premium (especially since they started to roll out the 1080p Premium Bitrate options now) but Google only offers three methods of payment here of which all three aren't options I can't or don't want to use.

The first option is to use a Credit Card (could get one but don't want one), the second is to use Google Play Store gift cards which means going out of my way to regularly get new ones and the third one is PayPal which I can't use anymore because they closed down my account as having violated their TOS by alledgedly opening it up when I was underage which I couldn't have done because they actually wanted to see my ID when I opened up the account to prevent a minor from opening one up.

It's probably a mixture of trying to annoy people out of using blockers + maybe guilt-triping a very small amount of users + scaring very few people out of using blockers.
You can use a debit card anywhere a credit card is accepted. Where I live (and probably in most places), this is just a normal bank card (all of them work as Visa cards), tied to the balance in your bank account. If you have a bank card, look for the Visa logo. If you don't... What year are you from?

You can make a new PayPal account, my old one was also locked for dumb reasons, had no issues creating a new one.
I read about this months ago, but now it started popping up and after I close the pop up, the videos keep working just as fine so what's the point of it? Try to annoy people to not use adblockers?

View attachment 397657

I've tried using solutions provided here: https://gadgetstouse.com/blog/2023/05/15/bypass-ad-blockers-not-allowed-on-youtube/

Yet that still shows up regardless. Whatever the case, YT videos work ad-free and that's what matters.
No issues here on Ublock Origin. You should install some anti-adblock filters.

It would be as simple as the flip of a switch for them to disable viewing of videos when the anti-adblock is triggered, but for the time being at least it seems they've decided to just have it as a pointless nag message.
If they do flip that switch, they're going to lose some percentage of their user base, and they know that, so they're probably hesitant.
Watching YouTube with ads is just not an option for me, I would honestly rather stop using it, at the very least it would reduce my watch time on YouTube by 80%, and I would only be watching the best content from my subscriptions since it just wouldn't be worth sitting through ads for a (probably/possibly) mediocre video. Every time I've had to watch YouTube with ads because Revanced broke on my phone the ads were infuriating. They have gotten so much worse in the years I have been shielded from them. Skippable ads and short 5 second ads, OK, I can live with that, but 3-4 unskippable ads at the beginning of a video just makes me lose interest in watching the video and midroll ads are even worse.
Large amounts of ads hurt creators too, if someone closes your video without watching it because they're being barraged with ads, then (AFAIK) that video's ranking in the algorithm is lowered.
Ads on YouTube are worse than TV ads at this point. They're shorter (usually) but they're way more frequent. Shorter, more frequent breaks are more annoying and they don't even give you time to go take a piss or get a drink. It's especially bad with videos that are only a few minutes long since you could be getting multiple unskippable ads in a row inbetween each one.

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Annoyingly, it's getting worse: Now it shows a loading icon and then I can close the pop up. It reminded me of those stupid Adfly links where you wait five seconds to access the real webpage.

yt.png

I've got to check my extensions and clean their cookies if needed so this crap gets blocked.

• Wow
Reactions: impeeza

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Definitively the best and quick way to do it is to use µBO and update it.
  • Make sure µBO is running at latest versions (1.52.0+)
  • Force update all your filter lists: click uBO icon > ⚙ Dashboard button > Filter lists pane > 🕘 Purge all caches > 🔃 Update now (This is for updating the filter lists, not the button to update THE extension)
  • Turn off (NOT uninstall) all other extensions AND browser's built-in blockers
  • Remove all your current custom filters AND custom filter lists that you have enabled / added manually (Adguard lists...)
  • It might be quicker to make a backup of your config (https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/Dashboard:-Settings#backuprestore-section) and restore to defaults before proceeding to step 1 & 2.

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
Ublock Origin still working without issue.
Also make sure to check out SponsorBlock. It helps.

i had both of these and none of them worked. One of my friends reposted something that you can do with blockers like uBlock that can put your own custom filters on, and that's how you're able to get rid of them, but upon first boot, you'll see it. Press F5 a couple of times and it'll work.

However, when I checked the comments, they've stated that you might have to use some custom client or suffer cause there might be a case where Google will use said information and ban those users who have put a custom filter on them.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
do not use duplicated ad blockers because one could interfere with other, I do recommend you µBlock Origin if you use the default settings will be the best.

DragonMals

Trophies
Country
United States
Annoyingly, it's getting worse: Now it shows a loading icon and then I can close the pop up. It reminded me of those stupid Adfly links where you wait five seconds to access the real webpage.

yt.png

I've got to check my extensions and clean their cookies if needed so this crap gets blocked.

I also now get this one on my Youtube.

DragonMals

Trophies
Country
United States
do not use duplicated ad blockers because one could interfere with other, I do recommend you µBlock Origin if you use the default settings will be the best.

I got rid of one called Ghostery and cause of the post provided, I don't get them anymore. I hate how Youtube is doing this now but they're still now fixing the large amounts of unskippable ads

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU +1