Hacking ACWW Saved Letters

arcy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes that has been established thus far. But for some like me who have been playing the game since 2006, we have letters that are very old that would like to be viewable.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, all of my saved letters disappeared today. So Normmatt's changes didn't fix the problem. Thanks anyway for your efforts Normmatt!

-Bri

arcy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Updated new 6/1 loaders via wifi. My saved letters weren't viewable (the very old ones), but I'll have to double check they are still there with my Cyclo when I get home. Thanks for the efforts Normmatt

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I updated to the new loader. I wasn't able to view any of the letters that had previously disappeared. However, I saved a few letters and I'll report here how long they remain saved.

-Bri

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Gang, please document what version of AC:WW and AK you are using when reporting the bug. I say this because I have one heck of a success story with the new loaders on an AK2i running AC:WW v1.1 (US, #1479).

Normmatt, I think you've nailed it for #1479 (on an AK2i)! Here are all the tests I ran:

- Transfer retail cart SAV to AK2i
- View previously saved letters: Confirmed! (this is all we asked for, but I tested further)
- Saved more letters
- Saved game, restarted DSi and ran AC:WW on AK2i again
- Viewed saved letters: Still looking good!
- Saved game and copied SAV to retail cart
- Running on retail cart, saved letters are still there!

I think this is enough testing for me to state that the 06/01 loaders for AK2i running AC:WW v1.1 (US, #1479) no longer have a problem with saved letters, even those saved before running on an AK2i.

Arcy and Bri, please let us know what version of AC:WW you are running and on what AK card. This may help Normmatt troubleshoot your continued problems.

Normmatt - Big thanks again. You've restored my faith in my AK2i. My only remaining gripes are the AK team's problems and I will not bother you with those issues.

arcy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am also using v1.1 but this time I will manually input the loaders instead of relying on wifi update. Are you using DMA or just letting it boot as normal? Just curious because you're using a .sav from a cartridge whereas i'm using a .sav from a Cyclo

*Edit

I'm using AKAIO v1.4.1 HW:81 along with Animal Crossing v1.1 . I still cannot view my (old) saved letters on the Acekard 2i. When I get home, I'll try out my Cyclo to make sure there are even any saved letters in the post office. I'm also booting up normally (it loads RED)

*Edit
just to be safe, I'll doing everything from scratch. What HW revision are you using Rascal?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rascal said:
Arcy and Bri, please let us know what version of AC:WW you are running and on what AK card. This may help Normmatt troubleshoot your continued problems.

I'm using an AK2 with AKAIO v1.4.1. Animal Crossing v1.1 (1479). I also downloaded the loader manually and I don't hold down any buttons when loading the game.

With the previous version of the loader, it behaved normally for several days, during which time I saved 3 or 4 letters. After 4 or 5 days or normal behavior, I went to save another letter, and the previously saved letters were all gone.

This is similar to the behavior I saw before the loader was updated. I grabbed the new one this morning, and will try it again and report back here after a few days.

-Bri

arcy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Still not at home to try my Cyclo to confirm there are actually any letters (it could have been deleted, but i do have a backup save with letters at home).
I have a fresh #1479 with no trim and its settings are:
Save Type: 2M
Select Save Slot: Default
DS download play: Default (enabled)
Soft-Reset: Default (doesn't work on this game)
Cheat/Action Replay: Default
AK2 Loader: AKAIO

I've noticed that I cannot change DMA mode, even if I hold down A it will stay red and not blue.

What HWID is everyone using? 44 or 81?

arcy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay got the chance to go home and test out my current save on a Cyclo. Went to the post office and all my saved letters were gone! First time this has happened to me, so I have to blame the Acekard for causing the mail deletion. This however confirms why I couldn't view any letters on the new loader. I'm going to load a back up save and see if I can luck out with the saved letters. Hopefully this new loader doesn't cause any more deletions that Bri (and me) have been experiencing.

*Edit
Loaded an old save and was able to view my letters on the Acekard 2i with AKAIO. Lets cross our fingers there is no mail deletion in the future. I would advise everyone to keep a backup save just in case!

**Edit
Thanks Normmatt!

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
ShatteredScreens said:
I'm assuming cheats still do not work? It doesn't bother me too much, just wondering.

Cheats will only work on 0223 as thats the only rom i use for testing. I'll add cheats for the other games eventually, assuming this letter bug really is solved this time.

arcy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I never had this issue before. Only issue I can think of is a sound distortion but I believe that may be on my end. What speed is your memory card? I only ask because I know from experience that slower cards lead to slower loading (such as exiting/entering a house in ACWW).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night