ACWW Saved Letters

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by 13375p34k3r, Nov 2, 2008.

Nov 2, 2008

ACWW Saved Letters by 13375p34k3r at 12:38 AM (4,957 Views / 0 Likes) 60 replies

1. 13375p34k3r
    OP

Member 13375p34k3r GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Can someone help me out... For some reason I cannot save any letters at the town post office in ACWW. I'm using AKAIO 1.2 with the AKAIO loader... Thanks!!

2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I have the same problem. Not sure what's causing it, but it's not limited to AKAIO (it happens with the official firmware as well).

-Bri

3. AndreXL

Member AndreXL GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Philippines
    Maybe related to what AC:WW release you are using. Possibly try Release #1479 "Animal Crossing Wide World v01 US" if you're not using it yet.

4. 13375p34k3r
    OP

Canada
    I'm using the old version...

5. z.g

Member z.g GBAtemp Regular

Latvia
    an advice for such bugreports. if anybody thinking that developer will spend hours to play game, its not really true. for example i get report that korean brain age 2 still crash after fixing. yesterday i spent 50 minutes playing this game. no luck. game works fine. so if developer cant' quickly reproduce bug, bug doesn't exist.
    so best way: share savefile and detailed instructions how reproduce bug.

6. 13375p34k3r
    OP

Canada
    Well I found a solution... I think...

I switched my loader over from the AkAIO loader to the 4.08 beta loader, and now my letters save.

Thanks to everyone who posted replies.

7. Bri

United States
    I tried that (using the most recent loader), and they saved once or twice, but then they disappeared again. So don't count on them saving every time.

I also posted a detailed report of the problem on the Acekard site a while back, but they haven't fixed the problem.

-Bri

8. 13375p34k3r
    OP

Canada
    4.08 isn't the most recent Loader... 4.11 is.

9. Bri

United States
    I've tried every version of the loader (including 4.08) with the same results. But if you find that your letters don't disappear after playing 4 or 5 times, let us know. I've had the letters stay for a few sessions only to disappear later.

-Bri

10. logical thinker

Member logical thinker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    You should post the version of the Acekard that you are using. On AKRPG with AKAIO 1.2, ACWW v01 runs perfectly.

11. Bri

United States
    I have had the problem with the Acekard 2.0 (I haven't tried it with the 2.1 yet). I'm using AKAIO 1.2 and have tried it with every version of the loader since 4.07.

I'm using Animal Crossing v1.1 USA (ROM number 1479). I didn't have the problem with the DSTT, so it's unlikely that it has anything to do with the ROM itself.

-Bri

12. katiesam

Newcomer katiesam Member

United Kingdom
    I've got the same problem. Using the European version of Animal Crossing with AceKard 2 and 8GB Kinston MicroSCHC card Class 4.

Has anyone managed to fix this problem yet?

13. Marauding

Member Marauding GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    LOL nice bump. You have the latest version of akaio , 1.4.1. It works fine. [​IMG]

14. Rascal

Member Rascal GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I just experienced the same problem today. Acekard 2i running AKAIO 1.41 and 4/20 loaders. When I went to save a letter, none of my previously saved letters were there. I tried to save a few new ones and when I came back later, they too were gone. Glad I had a backup SAV on my CycloDS from yesterday (which doesn't have this problem). For the record, I am using a clean dump of AC:WW v1.1.

So, is there any hope that this can get fixed in AKAIO?

15. WioWao

Member WioWao GBAtemp Regular

Denmark
    I think i read somewhere that the/a developer (Normatt) of AKAIO hates ACWW so he wont fix the bugs. I thought it was kinda funny xD But remember im not 100% sure this is true [​IMG]
    He says something about it here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=150840
    Kinda funny. But sucks if it is fixable [​IMG]

16. Rascal

United States
    I've read many of Normatt's comments on the bug reports and I think you may be correct. While AC:WW is very much a "kiddy game", I have 2 kids that play it, hence why I also play it, so it is important to me that it works.

To let everyone know, I used the Acekard 4.17 firmware as the loader within AKAIO and it works. It's just a shame that I have to play the multiple loader game to make a popular title work. Like you said, it sucks if it is fixable.

17. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    I thought having both AKAIO and official loaders on AKIAO 1.4.1 (on an AK2i) was disabled, or am I mistaken?

18. Rascal

United States
    I had the same question and nobody answered. I gave it a try and AKAIO allows it. LOADING is a different color, so it looks like it's working.

BTW, the save letter problem reoccurred, even with using the official loaders under AKAIO. I guess I'll try it wholly under the official firmware and see what happens.

19. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    Okay. I've just put the official loaders on mine, because AKAIO just gives me a white screen when trying to play ACWW with my run fast cheat on [​IMG]

20. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    Yes it works with HW 81 because it was hardcoded for HW 44 only. Be careful though as the external loaders 'could' if you using pre 4.13 brick your ak2i.

If someone gives me some exact instructions on how to reproduce with a save file (as i dont play this nor do i really want to). I might take a look.